Where would I get the vent system cleaned?

Old March 4th 06, 05:47 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Where would I get the vent system cleaned?

I have a car that has a strange odor (sweet/perfumy) that's obviously under
the cowling below the wipers. When the vents/heat are on, the odor comes
into the cabin. Who would I go to to take care of that? tia
Old March 4th 06, 06:12 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

You might try lysol spray disinfectant first. Do not use bleach.... it
will ruin metal components. With car ac on at full blast spray into the
vents on outside of car under wipers. You might try it first with ac in
recirculate mode. If that doesn't fix the problem do it in fresh air mode.
Also your dealer may have a foam to use too.

. 167...

Old March 4th 06, 11:55 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Daryl Herkin wrote:

> I have a car that has a strange odor (sweet/perfumy) that's obviously under
> the cowling below the wipers. When the vents/heat are on, the odor comes
> into the cabin. Who would I go to to take care of that? tia

------------------

Maybe you just need to change the cabin filter. They get 'stuff' growing
in them . . Is it a Honda? What year and model?

'Curly'
Old March 5th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Yea I agree change the filter as long as it is a 98 or newer most models
have them.

--
tacomatrd00
tacomatrd00's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=408864

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old March 5th 06, 03:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Any chance the sweet odor you're smelling is leaking antifreeze? Good
luck.

Old March 5th 06, 08:22 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Daryl Herkin wrote:
> I have a car that has a strange odor (sweet/perfumy) that's obviously under
> the cowling below the wipers. When the vents/heat are on, the odor comes
> into the cabin. Who would I go to to take care of that? tia

if it smells "syrupy", you have a coolant leak somewhere.
Old March 5th 06, 03:33 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Sometimes the airconditioner evaporator drain hose becomes plugges and the
moisture won't drain and mold builds up in the evaporator causeing it to
stink, there is a product sold to kill the smell and mildew,you spray or
squirt it into the vents and the cowl vent. most auto part stores sell it

Tom

Old March 5th 06, 05:39 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

SoCalMike > wrote in
:

> Daryl Herkin wrote:
>> I have a car that has a strange odor (sweet/perfumy) that's obviously
>> under the cowling below the wipers. When the vents/heat are on, the
>> odor comes into the cabin. Who would I go to to take care of that?
>> tia

> if it smells "syrupy", you have a coolant leak somewhere.

2006 Accord

It does have a sickly sweet smelling aspect to it, but it doesn't smell
like coolant. Again, it's something in the area underneath the cowling.

If I pull the cowling off and hit recirc, it doesn't come thru the vents
anymore. If the cowling is on and recirc is on, it still comes through.
Old March 6th 06, 03:16 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

2006? Tell the dealer to fix it. If you mess it up you could void your
warranty in some respect.

"Daryl Herkin" > wrote in message
. 166...
> SoCalMike > wrote in
> :
>
>> Daryl Herkin wrote:
>>> I have a car that has a strange odor (sweet/perfumy) that's obviously
>>> under the cowling below the wipers. When the vents/heat are on, the
>>> odor comes into the cabin. Who would I go to to take care of that?
>>> tia

>> if it smells "syrupy", you have a coolant leak somewhere.
>>

> 2006 Accord
>
> It does have a sickly sweet smelling aspect to it, but it doesn't smell
> like coolant. Again, it's something in the area underneath the cowling.
>
> If I pull the cowling off and hit recirc, it doesn't come thru the vents
> anymore. If the cowling is on and recirc is on, it still comes through.

LIDAR Trial this Week [email protected] Driving 17 April 9th 06 02:44 AM
OBD II Error message Billy Ray Jeep 13 July 2nd 05 04:01 AM
YOU CAN'T DRIVE TOO SLOW Laura Bush murdered her boy friend Driving 93 April 21st 05 10:34 AM
2002 L300 Wagon 37000 miles Ed Saturn 9 January 6th 05 01:16 PM
'01 Stratus heater issues [email protected] Chrysler 10 December 17th 04 12:14 AM