Ridiculous claims on eBay

Old July 31st 04, 03:25 PM
Catman

Synapse Syndrome wrote:

> There's someone on eBay.co.uk selling mod chips that claims to increase
> power up to 20bhp.
>
> But where are you supposed to stick these chips in an Alfetta, Alfasud,
> 1750, 2000, 2600, Sprint, Arna, 6, 90, Berlina, Duetto, Giulia, Giuletta
> or Montreal?

You're not
> And how come this guy has 100% postive rating?

Because while people (as individuals) can be quite intelligent, people (as
groups) are very stupid [1]

AIUI this mod is just a resistor that alters the value for the MAF (or
similar).

If you fitted one *you'd* want to feel a difference as well [2]

[1] The IQ of a group canbe determined by dividing the IQ of the most
inteeligent memeber of the group by the number of people in that group
[2] cf magnetic fuel treatments, catalytic converter cleaners, fuel
additives, super plus petrol etc etc

Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

Old July 31st 04, 03:56 PM
Tony Rickard

"Catman" wrote:

> [1] The IQ of a group canbe determined by dividing the IQ of the most
> inteeligent memeber of the group by the number of people in that group

LOL - that was *one* paragraph you really didn't want spelling mistakes

Old July 31st 04, 04:42 PM
Catman

Tony Rickard wrote:

> "Catman" wrote:
>
>> [1] The IQ of a group canbe determined by dividing the IQ of the most
>> inteeligent memeber of the group by the number of people in that group

> LOL - that was *one* paragraph you really didn't want spelling mistakes

1) When was the ability to type a determining factor in intelligence?
2) Life's to short to prrof read usenet posts

But yes, it was funny
Old July 31st 04, 04:52 PM
Synapse Syndrome

"Catman" > wrote in message
.. .
> Synapse Syndrome wrote:
>

> > There's someone on eBay.co.uk selling mod chips that claims to increase
> > power up to 20bhp.
> >
> > But where are you supposed to stick these chips in an Alfetta, Alfasud,
> > 1750, 2000, 2600, Sprint, Arna, 6, 90, Berlina, Duetto, Giulia, Giuletta
> > or Montreal?

> You're not

Then why has posted so many adverts? This is doubly bad as the item is
being advertised for cars with no ECU, and it crap anyway.

http://motors.listings.ebay.co.uk/Ca...istingItemList

ss.

Old July 31st 04, 04:55 PM
Catman

Synapse Syndrome wrote:

> "Catman" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Synapse Syndrome wrote:
>>

>> > There's someone on eBay.co.uk selling mod chips that claims to increase
>> > power up to 20bhp.
>> >
>> > But where are you supposed to stick these chips in an Alfetta, Alfasud,
>> > 1750, 2000, 2600, Sprint, Arna, 6, 90, Berlina, Duetto, Giulia,
>> > Giuletta or Montreal?

>> You're not

> Then why has posted so many adverts? This is doubly bad as the item is
> being advertised for cars with no ECU, and it crap anyway.

http://motors.listings.ebay.co.uk/Ca...istingItemList

He's an idiot (or makes money fomr idiots). You'd probably find that the
he's done every model from BWM as well (and not just them)

A random trawl of his feedback shows that most of his business to
date has been selling phone parts, many of them of the snake oil variety.
this could be why the 100% feedback.

I've just aked him how I should fit one to the Sprint
Old July 31st 04, 05:18 PM
Ex Alfa Adam

> I've just aked him how I should fit one to the Sprint

And I've just asked him how I fit one to the Giulietta 116 that I don't
own.....

Adam H (Missing my Alfas terribly....)

Old July 31st 04, 06:30 PM
Catman

Ex Alfa Adam wrote:

>> I've just aked him how I should fit one to the Sprint

> And I've just asked him how I fit one to the Giulietta 116 that I don't
> own.....
>
> Adam H (Missing my Alfas terribly....)

Buy another one, YKIMS
Old August 1st 04, 08:38 AM
Thomas Strandtoft

Catman wrote:

> [1] The IQ of a group canbe determined by dividing the IQ of the most
> inteeligent memeber of the group by the number of people in that group

Hmm, I wonder if I just raised or lowered the group IQ by
rejoining?? )

Top of the morning to y'all..

--
Hygge..
Thomas

<http://www.carftp.com> - a library of car videos.
Old August 1st 04, 10:09 AM
Catman

Thomas Strandtoft wrote:

> Catman wrote:
>
>> [1] The IQ of a group canbe determined by dividing the IQ of the most
>> inteeligent memeber of the group by the number of people in that group

> Hmm, I wonder if I just raised or lowered the group IQ by
> rejoining?? )

You're welcome either way