rFactor.....LFS Killer?

Old November 15th 04, 02:25 PM
Andrew MacPherson

In article >,
(Remco Moedt) wrote:

> I succeeded in taking of with the Seafire from the carrier now.

Glad to hear it. The "landing" flaps thing is a bit confusing, but without
flaps you're never going to get off a carrier without getting wet.

> even then I almost touch the water...scary stuff.

The Seafire does seem quite reluctant to take to the air. Some other
planes are far easier to get in the air.

> 50% of the time I hit the back of the carrier, the other 50% I do an
> unintentional touch & go.... :-/

Last night I finally made a successful landing (I haven't really flown
PF much to be honest). I cheated and did it in F2 view first just to prove
it could be done. Then I came in quite tightly, very slowly, and at an
angle so I could clearly see the deck until the last moment. Try aiming
the nose at the front of the carrier and let your airspeed drop as you
lose sight of it.

It's very satisfying when you finally manage it... though I must admit I
did manage to damage my propeller.

Andrew McP

Old November 18th 04, 03:46 AM
Dave Henrie

> Have you seen the thread where I commented that I couldn't get it to
> run on my servers? If so, any suggestions? I'd be curious to see how
> many cars could run smoothly on mine. Thanks.
>
> Eldred

Most likely the server's lack of dx8 capability, or whatever level it
uses.
dh
Old November 18th 04, 04:33 AM
buster

> Hmm...carrier landings and propellers?!? What is PF? Sounds like something
> I'd be interested in... Gotta be a WWII Pacific Campaign game! I *love* that
> part of history. My dad was on the USS Independence in the war...
>
> Eldred

Pacific Fighters, basically a sequel to IL-2
Old November 18th 04, 04:19 PM
Scoob Droolins

Dave Henrie > wrote in message .97.136>...

> > Have you seen the thread where I commented that I couldn't get it to
> > run on my servers? If so, any suggestions? I'd be curious to see how
> > many cars could run smoothly on mine. Thanks.
> >
> > Eldred

> Most likely the server's lack of dx8 capability, or whatever level it
> uses.
> dh

headless dedicated server coming soon - will not require any
DX-compatible video, sound, or input HW. Will run on server 2003 and
potentially other windows-compatible platforms. And you should be
able to run multiple servers on a single box, with the right HW.
stay tuned.

joe
image space
Old November 18th 04, 07:23 PM
EldredP

>> > Have you seen the thread where I commented that I couldn't get it to
>> > run on my servers? If so, any suggestions? I'd be curious to see how
>> > many cars could run smoothly on mine. Thanks.
>> >
>> > Eldred

>> Most likely the server's lack of dx8 capability, or whatever level it
>> uses.
>> dh

Both servers have DX9.0b, and one of them can run N2k3 just fine. The other
one has a Radeon 7500, which certainly should be capable. It's gotta be
something else...

>headless dedicated server coming soon - will not require any
>DX-compatible video, sound, or input HW. Will run on server 2003 and
>potentially other windows-compatible platforms. And you should be
>able to run multiple servers on a single box, with the right HW.
>stay tuned.
>
>joe
>image space

Cool...

Eldred
--
http://www.umich.edu/~epickett

GPLRank -6.0 MoGPL rank +267.80
Ch.Rank +52.58
Hist. +82.34
N2k3 rank: -1.182
Slayer Spektera lvl 79 assassin
Slayer Spectral_K lvl 44 Necro
US East
Old November 18th 04, 11:10 PM
Uwe Schürkamp

On 18 Nov 2004 07:19:13 -0800, Scoob Droolins wrote:

> headless dedicated server coming soon - will not require any
> DX-compatible video, sound, or input HW. Will run on server 2003 and
> potentially other windows-compatible platforms. And you should be
> able to run multiple servers on a single box, with the right HW.
> stay tuned.

Hi joe,

great news. While you're making it headless, could you please relase a
linux / posix compatible server version, too?

Thanks & keep up the good work,

uwe

--
mail replies to Uwe at schuerkamp dot de ( yahoo address is spambox)
Uwe Schuerkamp //////////////////////////// http://www.schuerkamp.de/
Old November 20th 04, 07:15 PM
Mitch_A

Its still IL2 except with Pacific theatre and planes so yes it still has AI.
Its still great dont get me wrong but I HATE it when devs add a few minor
updates and call it *NEW* instead of a expansion pack or a patch as it
should have been.

Mitch