2.2 aries 1989

Old January 3rd 05, 04:31 AM
Nate Nagel

It pains me to have to say this, but if you put enough radium in your
oil that might actually work. ISTR Studebaker and someone else (Ford?)
actually using a radium-based paint for the numbers on their gauge
faces, and the gauges were backlit by bulbs with dark, dark purple
filters. Was something of a selling point apparently, as I'm sure it
looked cool as heck. Kind of difficult to restore after all the "juice"
has gone out of the paint (and/or the numerals have all come off the
glass and are falling down to the bottom of the instruments) however.

I'm sure he was thinking of a fluorescent dye, however.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

1989 Dodge Aries 2.2 Robin Chrysler 4 November 27th 04 09:32 PM
need a dizzy cap for 520i 1989 Darin BMW 1 October 4th 04 09:51 AM
Help: 1989 Full Size Chevy Blazer U-Joints. Rocky 4x4 2 January 20th 04 02:49 PM