Problems with A/C on Saturn SL1

Old August 25th 04, 02:36 PM

Default Problems with A/C on Saturn SL1

Has anyone else had any problems with their a/c on a Saturn SL1? I have a
2001 model & for the past 2 years my a/c has been leaking onto the
floorboards in the front (drivers & passenger sides), completely soaking
the carpet! I have had the Saturn dealers fix it several times - they
tell me the a/c line is getting clogged & needs to be cleaned out. The
first few times they did it, they blew air through it & it worked for a
while, but then it happens again. This last time I took it in, about a
month ago or so, they ran water through it & it seemed to work for a
while. However! Today I get in the car (after running the a/c yesterday)
& guess what?! My floorboard is soaked again!! The dealer can't seem to
tell me why this keeps happening or what the heck is clogging up this
line. So far, it's been under warranty, but the last time I went in, they
guy told me they "can't keep doing this for free!" Well, you know, my
opinion -- fix it right & you won't have to keep doing this for free!!!
Anyway, I'm at my wits end with this problem & just wondered if anyone
else has ever had this problem or if you have any suggestions!! Thank
you!!

Old August 25th 04, 05:14 PM
MR

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:36:03 -0400, "" <> wrote:

>Has anyone else had any problems with their a/c on a Saturn SL1? I have a
>2001 model & for the past 2 years my a/c has been leaking onto the
>floorboards in the front (drivers & passenger sides), completely soaking
>the carpet! I have had the Saturn dealers fix it several times - they
>tell me the a/c line is getting clogged & needs to be cleaned out. The
>first few times they did it, they blew air through it & it worked for a
>while, but then it happens again. This last time I took it in, about a
>month ago or so, they ran water through it & it seemed to work for a
>while. However! Today I get in the car (after running the a/c yesterday)
>& guess what?! My floorboard is soaked again!! The dealer can't seem to
>tell me why this keeps happening or what the heck is clogging up this
>line. So far, it's been under warranty, but the last time I went in, they
>guy told me they "can't keep doing this for free!" Well, you know, my
>opinion -- fix it right & you won't have to keep doing this for free!!!
>Anyway, I'm at my wits end with this problem & just wondered if anyone
>else has ever had this problem or if you have any suggestions!! Thank
>you!!

When you say the ac is leaking; do you mean the condensation/moisture
removal is draining inside the car? In any event, you should go to
another dealer while it is still under warranty and have it fixed once
and for all.
Good luck,
MR
Old August 25th 04, 08:05 PM
KSRN04

Yes, I think that is what is happening. Apparently the drain or pipe
(whatever it is!) is what is getting clogged & the water backs up into
some kind of "pan" that's under the dash & then it leaks over onto the
floorboard. You can see where it leaks out of the dash onto the floor by
the markings on the carpet. I think I am going to take it to another
dealer next time. I have definitely had it with these people!!