Dang Furriners

Old December 30th 04, 04:01 AM
fbloogyudsr

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in
> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 02:02:38 GMT, DTJ > wrote:
>>Racism is bad. Reverse racism is just as bad, if not worse, because
>>it perpetuates racism.

> But dem ribs is dayam good!

Scott, you and others (although I have DTJ blocked so I shouldn't
complain about him) are ****ing me off with all this crap. Please
stop. You can't tell by looking at someone who is a foreigner, you
can't tell by listening to them, you can't tell from their driving habits,
etc., etc., etc.

There have been some many racist comments on this ng that I'm
almost to the point of un-subscribing because the general tone is
so abhorrent to me.

Floyd Rogers

Old December 31st 04, 03:40 AM
Arif Khokar

Brent P wrote:

> In article >, Arif Khokar wrote:

>>Because many white people who are racist are downright stupid and I
>>dislike stupid people in general.

> Considering that externally I don't look all that much different,
> (although still clearly someone who 'doesn't belong' around here) I
> think it's more a question of economics and expectations of privledge.

Good point. Also, in case you misinterpreted what I said, I'm not
saying that all white people are racist. I just made a generalization
based on those people who hold such attitudes.
Old December 31st 04, 03:40 AM
Arif Khokar

Old December 31st 04, 03:42 AM
Arif Khokar

{STP} wrote:

> If you can't tell someone is a foreigner by listening to him, I suggest
> you unsub and spend more time in the real world.

Let me ask you a question: Do you think I'm a foreigner?
Old December 31st 04, 03:42 AM
Arif Khokar

Old December 31st 04, 06:00 AM
Arif Khokar

Nate Nagel wrote:

> Arif Khokar wrote:

>> Because many white people who are racist are downright stupid and I
>> dislike stupid people in general.

> I really hate to reply to this thread... BUT... the most racist people I
> have met in my life are NOT white (the south excepted.) The Japanese
> and the blacks are tied for the lead in my experience.

Well, given where I live, it does hold true. In any case, I apologize
for any offense I may have caused by my statement. I'll post a revised
version below:

Many people who are racist are downright stupid and I dislike stupid
people in general.

Old December 31st 04, 06:00 AM
Arif Khokar

Old December 31st 04, 06:16 AM
Nate Nagel

Arif Khokar wrote:

> Nate Nagel wrote:
>
>> Arif Khokar wrote:

>>> Because many white people who are racist are downright stupid and I
>>> dislike stupid people in general.

>> I really hate to reply to this thread... BUT... the most racist people
>> I have met in my life are NOT white (the south excepted.) The
>> Japanese and the blacks are tied for the lead in my experience.

> Well, given where I live, it does hold true. In any case, I apologize
> for any offense I may have caused by my statement. I'll post a revised
> version below:
>
> Many people who are racist are downright stupid and I dislike stupid
> people in general.

Now that is a statement that I can 100% agree with!

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old December 31st 04, 06:16 AM
Nate Nagel

Old December 31st 04, 06:52 AM
Arif Khokar

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> I don't know - post a .WAV file of your voice.

This isn't a binary group. Besides, my voice alone won't help you
determine one way or the other (though the way I pronounce words would).