156 Centigrade and Farenheit

Old October 7th 04, 07:57 PM
Ed

Default 156 Centigrade and Farenheit

Hi,

Had my 2003 156 2.4JTD for about a month/1500 miles now and extremely happy
with it. However one thing is puzzling me - the climate control readout is
in Farenheit, although the owners manual shows it in Centigrade...........Is
there a way of changing this somehow? Or is it an undocumented A-R feature!
Can't seem to find anything in the manual...........and being a metric aged
person, I'm finding it a bit weird to set up now its getting colder.........
It's a UK spec car by the way.

Any help much appreciated,

Charles

Old October 8th 04, 08:26 AM
Steven Spits

"Ed" wrote:

> Had my 2003 156 2.4JTD for about a month/1500 miles now and
> extremely happy with it.

I have a 2002 2.4JTD. After 2 years and 50k miles I've had only one failure
that made it impossible to drive the car (bad alternator). However there
were a couple of other issues (soms minor but irritating nevertheless).

I have to admit the 2.4 JTD is a blast to drive! After two years I still
enjoy driving this car!

> However one thing is puzzling me - the climate control readout is
> in Farenheit, although the owners manual shows it in Centigrade...........
> Is there a way of changing this somehow?

Yes, there is. However, it must be done by the dealer. The option in the
menu will only change the readout of the outside temperature, not on the
climate control.

Steven

- - -

Old October 8th 04, 02:43 PM

"Ed" > wrote in message >...
> Hi,
>
> Had my 2003 156 2.4JTD for about a month/1500 miles now and extremely happy
> with it. However one thing is puzzling me - the climate control readout is
> in Farenheit, although the owners manual shows it in Centigrade...........Is
> there a way of changing this somehow? Or is it an undocumented A-R feature!
> Can't seem to find anything in the manual...........and being a metric aged
> person, I'm finding it a bit weird to set up now its getting colder.........
> It's a UK spec car by the way.
>
> Any help much appreciated,
>
> Charles

Hi Charles,
Steven may be right when it comes to the 156, but I have a 2002 147
which has the same controls [I would think anyway]. And I have just
tried to change the climate setting on mine and found no problem
changing from Farenhiet to Centigrade and back again. If you press the
mode control, go into units, then into Temp, you may find yours is set
to F, press +/- for F or C Then mode to return, and it should be into
Centigrade.
Hope this helps, good luck.
John,UK.
Old October 9th 04, 10:09 PM
Ed

OK thanks Steven. Will ask dealer to take a look at it.

Changing units of infocentre does just change outside temp readout only,
thanks anyway John.

When I said extremely happy, I should probably of said bl***dy-well
ecstatic! Might be going over-board a little bit (honeymoon period and all
that), but I cant believe what a car I've got for the money. Puts a big grin
on my face at the prospect of a drive. Needless to say been going the long
way to work...............Just hope it stays that way. Last car was from V-A
Group (Leon) and wasn't exactly what I would call reliable (door seals,
instrument binacle, air mass meter, air con compressor). I think a lot of
Golf owners will recognise these faults too.

So if the 156 does better than this, I will be one happy man!

Old October 28th 04, 03:33 PM
Giuseppe Verdisco

test
m...