where to fit oil pressure and temperature gauge to twinspark engine

Old October 27th 04, 11:10 PM
Mark N

Default where to fit oil pressure and temperature gauge to twinspark engine

Just as the subject line says...

I would like to install a oil pressure gauge, alongside a oil temperature
gauge (i like gauges) but am not sure how to do this. I did this on a VW i
had a few years ago and it was just a cast of removing a bolt from the
engine block and screwing the pressure transducer into it. but that engine
was FAR simpler than this thing...

Any suggestions.

Old October 28th 04, 06:56 AM
Catman

Mark N wrote:

> Just as the subject line says...
>
> I would like to install a oil pressure gauge, alongside a oil temperature
> gauge (i like gauges) but am not sure how to do this. I did this on a VW i
> had a few years ago and it was just a cast of removing a bolt from the
> engine block and screwing the pressure transducer into it. but that engine
> was FAR simpler than this thing...
>
> Any suggestions.

Erm, what twinspark? Mine already has oil pressure, as has every Alfa I've
owned. I kind of assumed they all had it?
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 2.0 TS
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old October 28th 04, 10:17 AM
Tom Boltwood

> From: "Mark N" >
> Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 07:48:39 GMT
> Subject: where to fit oil pressure and temperature gauge to twinspark
> engine
>
> I have an Alfa 145 1.6. T reg. It has coolant temperature, fuel level,
> speedometer, and a rev gauges. I suppose if the sump cracked and all the oil
> leaked out then a light would come on on the dash (and my engine would grind
> to a halt), but nope - oil pressure gauge ;-)

First I've heard of without one as well.

Old October 28th 04, 01:12 PM
Mark N

mine is just the basic version, no air con or sunroof, so perhaps they have
missed out some gauges also.

Old October 28th 04, 01:42 PM
Catman

Mark N wrote:

> I have an Alfa 145 1.6. T reg. It has coolant temperature, fuel level,
> speedometer, and a rev gauges. I suppose if the sump cracked and all the
> oil leaked out then a light would come on on the dash (and my engine would
> grind to a halt), but nope - oil pressure gauge ;-)

Hmmm. You're sure it's a TS, not a boxer? I can never remember with the
145 / 146.

Anyways, if it is a TS, I would expect the mouting for the gauge to be in
place, I can't see them changing the casting. Having said that, if it's
where I think it is, drilling it out is gonna be virtually impossible plus
you will get swarf into the engine. Not good IMO, but I could be talking
crap.

Old October 28th 04, 06:26 PM
Alfistagj

I would put those gauges somewhere on/in the dashboard ;-)
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"Mark N" > schreef in bericht

Old October 28th 04, 07:58 PM
Mogens Beltoft

Catman wrote:
> Mark N wrote:
>
>> Just as the subject line says...
>>
>> I would like to install a oil pressure gauge, alongside a oil
>> temperature gauge (i like gauges) but am not sure how to do this. I
>> did this on a VW i had a few years ago and it was just a cast of
>> removing a bolt from the engine block and screwing the pressure
>> transducer into it. but that engine was FAR simpler than this
>> thing...
>>
>> Any suggestions.

> Erm, what twinspark? Mine already has oil pressure, as has every
> Alfa I've owned. I kind of assumed they all had it?

Well, my 156 2.0 TS is also missing oil temperature and pressure gauges.

/Mogens

Old October 28th 04, 08:19 PM
Catman

Mogens Beltoft wrote:

> Catman wrote:
>> Mark N wrote:
>>
>>> Just as the subject line says...
>>>
>>> I would like to install a oil pressure gauge, alongside a oil
>>> temperature gauge (i like gauges) but am not sure how to do this. I
>>> did this on a VW i had a few years ago and it was just a cast of
>>> removing a bolt from the engine block and screwing the pressure
>>> transducer into it. but that engine was FAR simpler than this
>>> thing...
>>>
>>> Any suggestions.

>> Erm, what twinspark? Mine already has oil pressure, as has every
>> Alfa I've owned. I kind of assumed they all had it?

> Well, my 156 2.0 TS is also missing oil temperature and pressure gauges.

That's the new TS though isn't it?
Old October 29th 04, 11:29 AM
Neuropean

"Mark N" > wrote in message >...
> Just as the subject line says...
>
> I would like to install a oil pressure gauge, alongside a oil temperature
> gauge (i like gauges) but am not sure how to do this. I did this on a VW i
> had a few years ago and it was just a cast of removing a bolt from the
> engine block and screwing the pressure transducer into it. but that engine
> was FAR simpler than this thing...
>
> Any suggestions.

There are people who did this on the italian 147 forum
(www.147virtualclub.it). If you don't read italian (that can be
understood, in certain cases...) you can roam around the forums and
ask in english, they're usually very helpful).
Good luck.
Old October 29th 04, 12:22 PM
Mark N

Awesome, thanks for all the help chaps