How safe is an AR 166

Old October 27th 04, 06:56 AM
Catman

SteveH wrote:

> Tony Rickard > wrote:
>
>> "Zathras" wrote:
>>
>> > It's very dramatic but just because there are lunatics on the road
>> > doesn't automatically mean good drivers will crash into them. If you
>> > don't leave enough space in front of your car so you can react and
>> > avoid accidents you get what you deserve in this kind of situation.

>> I am sure the *real* bikers here will comment but I discovered teenage
>> 125s at the tender age of 28 and I reckon it did wonders for my
>> concentration levels driving a car.
>>
>> With the mobile entertainment centres commonly known as cars these days
>> the sheer raw nature of a motorbike really tunes the mind to concentrate,
>> and IMHO sticks.

> I shudder at the thought of driving a lot of modern cars - they're so
> 'safe' and detatched from what's actually going on at the wheels I just
> couldn't drive one. The 155 is bad enough!
>
> However, that might be because I ride a 'real' bike, I'm sure most
> people mistake feedback for a crude and unrefined car.

I reckon you are absolutley right. As you know I had the pleasure of a
Focus not so long ago. What a total, and utter pile of ****e.
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 2.0 TS
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old October 27th 04, 08:46 AM
Zathras

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:31:19 GMT, "Tony Rickard"
> wrote:

>"Zathras" wrote:
>
>> It's very dramatic but just because there are lunatics on the road
>> doesn't automatically mean good drivers will crash into them. If you
>> don't leave enough space in front of your car so you can react and
>> avoid accidents you get what you deserve in this kind of situation.

>I am sure the *real* bikers here will comment but I discovered teenage 125s
>at the tender age of 28 and I reckon it did wonders for my concentration
>levels driving a car.
>
>With the mobile entertainment centres commonly known as cars these days the
>sheer raw nature of a motorbike really tunes the mind to concentrate, and
>IMHO sticks.

Not half. I thought that bigger bikes made you concentrate too
though..more power..more speed. Stick you into a tree quicker sort of
stuff. With smaller bikes the problem is not enough power! For me, I
don't have the balls for a bike..I'd kill myself on one. ;-)

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)
Old October 27th 04, 08:47 AM
Zathras

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 05:54:46 GMT, Catman
> wrote:

> what about london cabbies?

Good point!..what category do you put any Cabbie in..above or below
lunatic level?

Old October 27th 04, 08:09 PM
Tony Rickard

"Zathras" wrote:

> Not half. I thought that bigger bikes made you concentrate too
> though..more power..more speed. Stick you into a tree quicker sort of
> stuff. With smaller bikes the problem is not enough power! For me, I
> don't have the balls for a bike..I'd kill myself on one. ;-)

I loved the flat out nature of a 125 - probably the closest you can get to
being really committed on public roads. I felt I would want to do the same
on anything bigger and like you decided it was too crazy.

The ability to overtake even on a 125 compared with cars is amazing - I
think I would turn into a monster on a decent bike - there is something
about donning a helmet and revving to 10000 rpm that just says race to me -
which is probably a bad thing...

Old October 27th 04, 08:59 PM
Catman

Zathras wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 05:54:46 GMT, Catman
> > wrote:
>
>> what about london cabbies?

> Good point!..what category do you put any Cabbie in..above or below
> lunatic level?

Personally, I put them in 'avoid like the plague'