Dana Corp files for bankruptcy

Old March 6th 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Off Topic Dana Corp files for bankruptcy

You're right Bill, we shouldn't buy any products from Saudi Arabia, since
most of the hijackers came from there.

Terry's granddad did a great service, but remember that the US helped to
rebuild Japan and Germany as well.

Old March 6th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Dana Corp files for bankruptcy

> GM and Ford are in financial dire straits because their labor costs are out
> of control, health insurance, pensions, etc.

Ya' gotta' love our president. Lets hope we make it to January 20, 2008 intact...
Old March 6th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I have no problem with buying OPEC oil. I just want the US, Canada, et al
to form a cartel of food exporting countries and peg the price of grain to a
barrel of oil.

Turn about is fair play...

. ..

Old March 6th 06, 09:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Scott in Baltimore" > wrote in message
>> GM and Ford are in financial dire straits because their labor costs are
>> out of control, health insurance, pensions, etc.

> Ya' gotta' love our president.

tell me how in hell you figure its bushs fault. i dont owe my failures or
successes to bush or any other president. personal success is a _choice_
that each of us makes, just as failure in a choice. business success is
primarily dictated by consumer demand. gm/ford are in trouble for multiple
reasons, none of which can be laid at bushs feet. the american consumer is
all to willing to throw money at cheap chinese crap, while the american
union worker wants premium wages for mediocre work. if gm/ford want to
compete against cheaper products, they had better be able to offer "more"
which they dont. once upon a time it was a compromise to buy japanese.
today more often than not its "smart money" to buy japanese.

> Lets hope we make it to January 20, 2008 intact...

why wouldnt we? bush going to bring america to a screeching halt?

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://UtilityOffRoad.com

Old March 6th 06, 01:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

The Fraternal Order of Mammoth Handlers are desperately trying to hang
on to a scant smattering of glories from a distant past. It's pathetic.
They need to let go, move on, and join ranks with a much more 'today'
cause, The Preservation Society for the Dances of Babylonia.
2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton
capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II.

Old March 7th 06, 05:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

You haven't gone stir crazy, yet like Jack Nicholson character in
the Shining? http://www.moviestar-photos.com/graphics/226/226177.jpg
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 8th 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Same here. Was good to meet you too. Anytime you come out this side of the
state again, give me a call. You have a place to hang your hat at our
house.

Bring family this spring and/or summer and we'll hit the mountain
backcountry trails for some camping, Jeepin, ATVing, and sightseeing. We
could show you around the area too, if you are still considering relocating.

I'm looking forward to viewing those pics.

Terry

http://www.usenet.com
Old March 8th 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Terry Jeffrey" > wrote in message
> Same here. Was good to meet you too. Anytime you come out this side of
> the state again, give me a call. You have a place to hang your hat at our
> house.

awesome, same back to you when youre down my way.

> Bring family this spring and/or summer and we'll hit the mountain
> backcountry trails for some camping, Jeepin, ATVing, and sightseeing. We
> could show you around the area too, if you are still considering
> relocating.

sounds like a plan. my slide-in camper rolls off the assembly line march
14th, anytime after that im ready!

Old March 8th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Yeah, its kinda sad that some of the veterans of ww2, korea, 'nam, etc.
find it impossible to get over it and move on. On the other hand, there
are some that may have even been victims of some pretty serious
mistreatment that have since managed to meet and even make friends with
former combatants on the other side. They do seem to live longer.

Granted if I ever get my hands on a certain sniper, I might greet them
with a baseball bat before I spring for the first round of beers.

Terry Jeffrey proclaimed:

Old March 8th 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Whats a nuclear attract? Something that draws fat man and little boys
to the area?

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III proclaimed:

> I can't believe this generation, they've already forgotten the Twin
> Towers! And the poor little Japanese defending it's self from nuclear
> attract.
> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
> http://www.billhughes.com/
>
> Terry Jeffrey wrote:
>
>>And he never will get over it. Neither did my granddad who fought in the
>>Pacific including Okinawa. Any mention of the Japanese got him upset.
>>
>>To each his own about which auto a person chooses to buy - it's a free
>>country. And yes, I know there are parts under the hood from all over. But
>>I respect him and his generation too much to buy an auto with a Japanese
>>name-brand. But that's just me...

AWA [OFFER] Special offer for Dana brand IVECO 40-10 Engine Crankshaft Bearing-STD [email protected] General 0 December 10th 05 05:53 AM
Scout axle data? Stupendous Man Jeep 2 December 8th 05 02:56 AM
1992 F250 Dana 44 or Dana 50? Matt Vorne 4x4 0 October 28th 04 11:54 PM
F.S. 85 GM DANA 60, 1ton 4x4 AXLES, 4.56 gears, Detroit Locker. in NH,ME MilitaryTruckParts 4x4 8 March 20th 04 01:20 PM