I re-re-re-re-worked my website. new pics too!

Old May 24th 05, 04:47 AM
66 6F HCS

Default I re-re-re-re-worked my website. new pics too!

I resized some stuff and changed up some of the older pics with new ones.
Hopefully it's more friendly for those with slower connections. Lemme know
what you guys think. Added a section with a pic of me if anybody's curious,
plus a lineup of a few Ford Legends.
--
Scott W.
'66 HCS Mustang 289

Old May 24th 05, 07:26 AM
Mark C.

Why use the FMX? The reason is I have one in the '69 Mach 1 I just bought
and I'm not sure I'll keep that or build up a C-4 for my 351W. Also, isn't
the grill moulding a pain in the butt to install? ~

--
Mark

Old May 24th 05, 03:46 PM
66 6F HCS

"Mark C." > wrote in message
> Why use the FMX? The reason is I have one in the '69 Mach 1 I just bought
> and I'm not sure I'll keep that or build up a C-4 for my 351W. Also, isn't
> the grill moulding a pain in the butt to install? ~

The FMX came with the car. It really gets a bad rep for a tranny. It's
almost as strong as the C6 and much stronger than the C4, the problem is
that it's so damn heavy because of the cast iron case. From what I've
learned after talking to a few tranny builders, it's not worth building a
super duty C4 unless you're gonna race. The FMX does the job quite well even
behind my 400hp 450tq 351W stroker. Not a peep or complaint from it yet. The
next tranny I get will be an AOD with AOD-E upgrades and a wide ratio
gearset out of a 4R70W. "Ooooh Yeahhh!!"-Glenn Quagmire (The Family Guy)

The trim around the grill is actually really easy to install, you just have
to take your time, as with anything you'd want done right. There's one bolt
on each side that is a PITA to get on the bright trim. the top bolt out of
the 3 on the headlight housing. The angle sucks and it's really hard to get
to, but patience and perseverance will get that one on. The wide flat satin
pieces are very simple. What sucks is that the bottom satin piece is
different between '69 and '70. The chrome lip is attached to the satin on
'70 and on a '69 it's a separate piece altogether, and they aren't
interchangeable. AARGH!!

Old May 24th 05, 07:26 PM
Mark C.

I bought all new trim peices made by corvex and they bite, imho. Is there a
shift improver kit for the FMX?

--
Mark

Old May 25th 05, 12:32 AM
66 6F HCS

"Mark C." > wrote in message
>I bought all new trim peices made by corvex and they bite, imho. Is there a
>shift improver kit for the FMX?

I used all my original stuff for the nose.

Yeah, there's a TransGo kit, but trying to find someone who carries it is a
bitch. I'd track it down on the internet.

Old May 25th 05, 01:34 AM

Where is the lineup of Ford Legends?

On that subject, I'm going to the vintage races at Sears Point
(Infineon) on June 5. They usually have a good turnout of historic
Trans Am cars. Of course I'll be armed with the digicam and extra
batteries. Anything in particular you'd like me to snap that I could
email to you? Interior shots, engine shots?

Snide comment on a two-page story in the latest Car Craft. It's about
the '68 tunnel port 302, as reported by dyed in the wool Chevy guy
Johnny Hunkins. The table of contents even says something about "think
we can trust Hunkins with a Ford story?" When Hunkins writes that the
tunnel port was Ford's Trans Am engine from '68-'70, I'd have to say
no. It seems like even a Chevy guy should have heard of the Boss 302.
At least he was kind enough not to mention what a failure the tunnel
port was (except that he probably didn't know).

180 Out

Old May 25th 05, 04:41 AM
66 6F HCS

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Where is the lineup of Ford Legends?

Sorry, more correctly, a line of legendary Fords. The pic on the "me" page
showing the 427 Cobra, 351C Pantera and my '69 Boss 302 clone all lined up
together.
http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/comparo.htm

> Anything in particular you'd like me to snap that I could
> email to you? Interior shots, engine shots?

Engine shots, Side exit exhaust on any Bosses and side shots showing ride
heights would be extra cool.

> When Hunkins writes that the
> tunnel port was Ford's Trans Am engine from '68-'70, I'd have to say
> no.

Yeah, what a moron. You would think that they would have checked his info
first. It's not like he's writing his opinion, this is historical info which
can be confirmed or denied.

> It seems like even a Chevy guy should have heard of the Boss 302.

Seeing as it beat the crap out of them in '70. They were 3rd that year
behind AMC, eesh!

> At least he was kind enough not to mention what a failure the tunnel
> port was (except that he probably didn't know).

True that, however the problem with the Tunnel Port was it kept breaking. In
theory it shoulda kicked some major ass!

Old May 25th 05, 05:03 PM

Scott W. wrote:

> 180 wrote:

> > When Hunkins writes that the
> > tunnel port was Ford's Trans Am engine from '68-'70,
> > I'd have to say no.

> Yeah, what a moron. You would think that they would
> have checked his info first. It's not like he's writing his
> opinion, this is historical info which can be confirmed or denied.

I've got to cop to my own moronicism (?) that it was Jeff Smith, not
Johnny Hunkins, who wrote this bit in Car Craft. Hunkins is the editor
of Popular Hot Rodding, and in fact his latest editorial was about how
much he looooves his '05 Mustang GT. Jeff Smith used to be the editor
of Car Craft. When he was editor, his editorial page photo show him
verily cuddling a small block Chevy on an engine stand. I'm not a brand
loyalist to any make, but that photo always bugged me and seemed out of
place in a supposedly brand-neutral mag as Car Craft.

I'll get you some snaps of the Bosses at the races on June 5. They did
some demon tweaks on those cars. One of my faves is, because the SSCA
would not allow the "Shelby drop" mod, the Bud Moore Mustang team had
Ford fabricate an upper control arm pivot that was over one inch wide.
The mounting bolts went into the stock holes in the shock towers, but
the axis of the pivot was one inch lower, giving the same camber
improvements as the drop. Unfortunately the less well-connected Mustang
teams just did the drop the Shelby way, with new bolt holes, the SCCA
got wise, and banned the Bud Moore pivots.

180 Out

Old May 25th 05, 06:20 PM
Mark C.

Scott, Unfortunately, all my nose chrome was missing. Fortunately it still
had a perfect grille.

--
Mark
--

"66 6F HCS" > wrote in message

> "Mark C." > wrote in message
>>I bought all new trim peices made by corvex and they bite, imho. Is there
>>a shift improver kit for the FMX?

> I used all my original stuff for the nose.
>
> Yeah, there's a TransGo kit, but trying to find someone who carries it is
> a bitch. I'd track it down on the internet.
> --
> Scott W.
> '66 HCS Mustang 289
> '68 Ranchero 500 302
> '69 Mustang Sportsroof 351W
> ThunderSnake #57
> http://home.comcast.net/~vanguard92/

Pics of my Civic - corrected Mark Gonzales Honda 2 May 22nd 05 10:40 AM
Pics of my Civic Mark Gonzales Honda 4 May 20th 05 04:29 AM
PICS - Car & Driver 2006 Corvette Z06 Pics and Article StuffFinder Corvette 0 January 2nd 05 10:51 PM
Please visit my brand new Xenon HID Showcase Website today... WENW Honda 0 October 11th 04 02:54 AM