HELP: 2001 wagon tailgate locks constantly

Old October 22nd 04, 03:56 PM
Gabe

Default HELP: 2001 wagon tailgate locks constantly

My 01 300Wagon tailgate would lock when I pressed the central lock button,
and would unlock likewise. When the car was unlocked, the tailgate opened
without a key or other.
The tailgate would not lock, unless I locked it, or I clicked "Lock" on the
auto lock button on the door.
HOWEVER,
Since I got my BCM (Body Control Module) replaced last week, the tailgate
locks EVERY TIME I shut it. I have tried setting the automatic lock/auto
unlock feature as detailed in the owners' manual, but to no avail.

I called the dealer today, and after a pause he told me that my tailgate IS
SUPPOSED TO LOCK everytime. That it was "malfunctioning" in the past.

I don't believe this. Please let me know if your tailgate locks
automatically every time you shut it. For me, this is a real inconvenience,
since I use my car's tailgate often in what Ido.

A thousand thanks, in advance.

Gabe

Old October 23rd 04, 05:57 AM
Art

Answer for a 2004 L300 wagon is the dealer is wrong.

Old October 27th 04, 02:47 PM
Oppie

My rear gate is unlocked for the first 2 minutes after the ign. key is
removed. After that, push the release once and the next time it is locked
again and has to be either opened with the key or released with the fob.
Always been that way from the time I got it. I would rather have it as yours
was originally. Suspect though that it may be a safety or security issue. I
also had the BCM replaced about 2 weeks after I had bought the car used
(just off lease with 40K miles). Was replaced for an issue with displaying
the status of the ABS system. Truthfully, I was in information overload with
all the features of the vehicle and didn't start to make sense of the
locking systems for about a month later (and re-reading the owner's manual
several times).
Many of these things are dealer programmable only. Check with Saturn service
to see if there are reprogramming options available that suit your needs.
Let us know what the outcome is.

Oppie
2001 LW300