Weber 32/36 on a 1.7 type 2

Old January 22nd 05, 11:26 PM
Sarah Taylor

Default Weber 32/36 on a 1.7 type 2

Could someone run thru what needs to be done to set the fuel/air mixture up
on this carb. My bus runs like **** and drinks fuel. Cheerz

Old January 22nd 05, 11:32 PM
Jan Andersson

Sarah Taylor wrote:

> Could someone run thru what needs to be done to set the fuel/air mixture up
> on this carb. My bus runs like **** and drinks fuel. Cheerz

You'll be happier with another type of carb. Those suck, but not in the
way they should.

It's a major pain but it can be done. Ask someone with a similar setup
what jetting they have etc.

Jan
Old January 22nd 05, 11:36 PM
John Connolly

you have the typical setup. This is why we do not recommend nor sell that
carb for that engine, it will always run like a bag-o-nails. I recommend
dual carbs because you have no intake preheat, and no way to add it.

John
Aircooled.Net Inc.

Old January 23rd 05, 12:18 AM
Jan Andersson

True.

Even with proper intake preheat, this type of carburator was never
intended to work with this type of intake manifold.
It needs a SHORT, hot manifold, with a plenum chamber immediately under
the carburator where the intake mixture first has room to collect, and
then get sucked into the equal lenght (optimally) individual intake
pipes. Everything about that setup is wrong for the Boxer engine.

Something like this HAS been done on race engines, and they are jetted
WAY rich. *huge* main jets and it works pretty well at high rpms.

Jan