Clever Theft Prevention Idea

Old February 25th 05, 04:33 AM
Brent P

Default Clever Theft Prevention Idea

In article >, Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Here's an interesting new idea to prevent vehicle theft. It's like a
> cross between The Club and The Denver Boot:
>
> http://www.immobilize.com/
>
> And the best part is, if you have four of them, the parking nazis
> won't be able to slip a real Denver Boot onto your wheels!

It's an idea that goes back to the 1920s at least. I saw a similiar device
advertised in a 1920s magazine. Anyway, when I've been worried about
theft I've put my bicycle U lock through the spokes of the wheel and
locked it, same difference really.

Old February 25th 05, 05:38 AM
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Scott en Aztl=E1n wrote:
> Here's an interesting new idea to prevent vehicle theft. It's like a
> cross between The Club and The Denver Boot:
>
> http://www.immobilize.com/
>
> And the best part is, if you have four of them, the parking nazis
> won't be able to slip a real Denver Boot onto your wheels!

Hey stupid. Just drive a beater and you won't have to worry about
theft plus your car insurance will drop 80%.

Old February 25th 05, 05:31 PM
Dave C.

Hey stupid. Just drive a beater and you won't have to worry about
theft

Actually, older cars are more theft-prone, as stolen cars are stripped for
parts. (and new cars don't need parts, so there is no demand for stolen new
cars) -Dave

Old February 25th 05, 10:07 PM

Don't have to worry about invitations from the opposite sex, either, do
you? But then again, since you and Roedy are lovers I guess it really
doesn't matter.

Old February 25th 05, 11:26 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Dave C. wrote:

> Actually, older cars are more theft-prone, as stolen cars are stripped
> for parts.

That hinges on your definition of "older".

Horse****. New cars need lots of parts. Y'ever hear of a crash?
Old February 25th 05, 11:34 PM
Dave C.

> > Actually, older cars are more theft-prone, as stolen cars are stripped
> > for parts.

> That hinges on your definition of "older".
>
> > (and new cars don't need parts, so there is no demand for
> > stolen new cars)

> Horse****. New cars need lots of parts. Y'ever hear of a crash?

Yes. But I've never heard of an auto body shop that would be approved for
insurance repairs AND buy stolen parts from a shady parts dealer. -Dave

Old February 26th 05, 12:20 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Dave C. wrote:

> > > (and new cars don't need parts, so there is no demand for stolen new
> > > cars)

> > Horse****. New cars need lots of parts. Y'ever hear of a crash?

> Yes. But I've never heard of an auto body shop that would be approved
> for insurance repairs AND buy stolen parts from a shady parts dealer.

Wrong. You've never heard of an auto body shop that would be approved for
insurance parts and ADMIT TO BUYING stolen parts from a shady parts
dealer.
Old February 28th 05, 02:52 PM
Magnulus

Just get a manual transmission. Of course, your resale value will also
be crap, for the same reason.

I bet in Europe a manual doesn't deter car thieves, though, as hardly
anybody that side of the pond drives automatics. My dad had all kinds of
little things for his convertible when we were living in the UK.

Old March 1st 05, 06:10 AM

Magnulus wrote:

> I bet in Europe a manual doesn't deter car thieves, though, as

hardly
> anybody that side of the pond drives automatics.

First time i heard that yurpeens don't use ATs. The gas savings of a
manual are pretty slight anymore but i suppose having a manny does
knock $500 or so off the sticker price.

Old March 1st 05, 09:19 AM
David W. Poole, Jr.

On 28 Feb 2005 21:10:59 -0800, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
> was understood to have stated the following:

>First time i heard that yurpeens don't use ATs. The gas savings of a
>manual are pretty slight anymore but i suppose having a manny does
>knock $500 or so off the sticker price.

As well as give you a car that's more fun to drive and that performs
better. But then again you wouldn't know anything about that, would
you?