93 Fox intermittant no start

Old February 24th 05, 10:43 PM
foxstreetblues

Default 93 Fox intermittant no start

Maybe someone can help with my other major problem. Sometimes when I turn
the ignition switch to start I have no spark. Usually after 3-4 tries it
will fire. Once it's running it keeps running. Using my Haynes manual I
connect a test light to the red terminal of the coil: light comes on when
ignition switch is at "on" position. At start the light either goes off
(no start) or engine starts and the light will flicker. I'm thinking the
worst and guessing it's the DigifantII computer.

Old February 25th 05, 01:36 AM
Simplstupd

Ignition switch is intermittent. Replace.

Old February 25th 05, 02:17 AM
foxstreetblues

Thanks I think you've nailed it. It seems that if I turn the switch
rapidly it starts everytime. Do I have to pull the steering wheel and
tear apart the dash to get to that ignition switch?

Old February 25th 05, 04:38 AM
dave AKA vwdoc1

yep you need to pull off the steering wheel. Mark it's position with the
shaft so you can easily reinstall it in the same position.
Then the lever switches (turn signal, wiper, etc) and then the press on
sleeve on the steering shaft.
Then the ign switch housing comes out.
Hardest part is that sleeve that must be pulled off with a tool. :-)

have fun!

later,
dave
(One out of many daves)