Will driving records transfer between WA and CA?

Old February 6th 05, 09:03 PM
Ed Grant

Default Will driving records transfer between WA and CA?

I'm moving from Washington State to San Diego. I used to live in CA 6 years
ago but am moving back. I got a bunch of tickets in WA, and it sure would
be nice to start out with a clean driving record again when I move back to
CA. Questions:

1. when I get a CA license again, will CA transfer my WA tickets onto my CA
record?

2. if answer to above is "maybe" then what can I do to tilt the odds in my
favor?

3. when I go into CA DMV to get my CA license, is it better to try to renew
my (now expired) old CA license without mentioning my stay in WA (simply say
my old CA license expired & never bothered to renew), or to hand in my
(almost expired now) WA license and simply do the switcheroo? If "maybe"
then what are pros and cons?

thanks,
Ed

Old February 7th 05, 06:02 AM
Shawn Hearn

In article >,
"Ed Grant" > wrote:

> I'm moving from Washington State to San Diego. I used to live in CA 6 years
> ago but am moving back. I got a bunch of tickets in WA, and it sure would
> be nice to start out with a clean driving record again when I move back to
> CA. Questions:
>
> 1. when I get a CA license again, will CA transfer my WA tickets onto my CA
> record?
>
> 2. if answer to above is "maybe" then what can I do to tilt the odds in my
> favor?
>
> 3. when I go into CA DMV to get my CA license, is it better to try to renew
> my (now expired) old CA license without mentioning my stay in WA (simply say
> my old CA license expired & never bothered to renew), or to hand in my
> (almost expired now) WA license and simply do the switcheroo? If "maybe"
> then what are pros and cons?

You should have no trouble finding the answers to your questions
simply by looking in the DMV section of California's web site.