Hinge pin removal

Old January 23rd 05, 05:50 PM
bug '59

Hey thanks guy's

I will try to get my hands on an airhammer and hope this will do the trick.
Heating is out of the question because of the paint...

Al,
if you want to sent me those pics that would be great (you know what to
leave out the adress??)

Again guy's, thanks for the input and 'till next time :-)

Roger

"Al Adams" > schreef in bericht

Old January 23rd 05, 08:56 PM
Jan Andersson

Chris Perdue wrote:

> >From: "bug '59"

> >Call me ignorand... but i've googled for an airhammer and came with a lot of
> >pics that were suposed to be airhammers (bicycletyre pump:-)). But also a
> >pic of a tool used to undo/tighten the wheel nuts, but with a chissel in it.
> >Can i use a pneumatic drill instead? The one that you use to drill holes in
> >hard concrete??
> >
> >TIA
> >Roger
> >

> http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=55234

That's the tool. Comes with different shaped removable chisel heads. One
of them is a tapered punch. That's the one to use.

Do NOT hold the head while squeezing the trigger, with intentions to try
and see how strong it is. Do not.

NO! Do not try it.

What did I just tell you? I saw you looking at that thing and your hand
twitch!

HELL boy! Didn't I tell you not to do that? Now go get your hand
bandaged and quit crying, you brought it on yourself do take it like a
man. That'll turn blue and black but it will heal. Next time you'll know
better.

Jan
Old January 23rd 05, 11:31 PM
Howard Rose

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:44:25 +0100, "bug '59"
> wrote:

<snip>

When you buy a mirror, do NOT buy a RHD one! You won't be able to see
a thing out of it from the left hand side of the car. You need to buy
a right-hand-side mirror made for a LHD car.

--
Howard Rose
1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe
Old January 24th 05, 11:47 PM
bug '59

Hhhmmmmmmm.... auw, auw... you dó know me....??

Yep i intent to watch with both hands....... i bet you did too!!!

LOL

Old January 24th 05, 11:52 PM
bug '59

Hi Howard,

If you refer to the extended ones, yes i bought that one. I was told earlier
that i need the long version instead the shorter ones.
However i did not know that the difference was LHD and RHD.
Thanks for the info!

Roger

"Howard Rose" > schreef in bericht

Old January 25th 05, 01:48 AM
Jan Andersson

Guilty

Damn it hurt.

Jan

Old January 25th 05, 02:28 PM
dragenwagen

Thats funny.... I just got my new eastwood catalogue and it shows the hinge
pin remover on what appears to be the upper passenger hinge on a red bug....
you can just make out the hood and chrome trim ... looks like they have it
angled toward the from of the car... but that pic is probably just for show.

hmmm but then again I thought the pin gets driven out from the bottom and
then you drive the new pin into the top.

--
************************************************** **************
dragenwagen

Old January 25th 05, 03:19 PM
Howard Rose

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 00:52:39 +0100, "bug '59"
> wrote:

>Hi Howard,
>
>If you refer to the extended ones, yes i bought that one. I was told earlier
>that i need the long version instead the shorter ones.
>However i did not know that the difference was LHD and RHD.
>Thanks for the info!
>
>Roger

The extended one is correct. My friend found out this problem on his
'65! He bought a '66 drivers mirror (on the right hand side) and also
a driver's mirror from a LHD car. Unfortunately when he fitted it,
the passenger mirror was completely hidden behing the A-pillar!
That's why you need an extended one.

LHD/RHD mirrors are exact mirror images of each other, just pointing
in different directions.