Take your trash talk elsewhere

Old April 16th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Take your trash talk elsewhere

You, and you know who you are, are not at all amusing. I have been gone for
a week and return to find a wonderful NG being ruined by trash talking low
IQ morons. This group is a wonderful resource for Jeep advocates. If you
insist on this type of behavior start your own group and leave the rest of
us alone.

Old April 16th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

These are cross posters. They are not reading messages in the Jeep news
group, and they wouldn't pay any attention to what you or I say, if they
did. The best thing one can do, is to ignore them. Perhaps if you need
material for an Abnormal Psychology paper, you could venture into the other
news group and find out what all the fuss is about.

Earle

Old April 17th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

> I had no intentions of being amusing.

Fair enough. Now, how about not acting like a dickhead?

Old April 17th 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Stupid is as stupid does.

Old April 17th 06, 07:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Tom P" > wrote in
:

> You, and you know who you are, are not at all amusing. I have been
> gone for a week and return to find a wonderful NG being ruined by
> trash talking low IQ morons. This group is a wonderful resource
> for Jeep advocates. If you insist on this type of behavior start
> your own group and leave the rest of us alone.

Outlook Express has the ability to killfile posters and to kill threads
(I think). I can't help you with it because I don't use it but I'm
sure there are those here who can help.

Personally, I much prefer Xnews for reading news groups, it's free from
http://Xnews.newsguy.com and has very complete scoring and killfiling.
There are other news readers that also have very complete scoring but
if you do stay with Outlook Express I'm very sure it can do some of
that..... I'm not sure if you can set it to automatically kill any
cross posted message but if you can, you might try that in addition to
killfiling and scoring.
Old April 17th 06, 07:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Kill filling:

8.9 Outlook Express and Outlook Newsreader

At the time of writing shipped with all versions of M$
Windows No URL available.

Contributed by Dave Fawthrop with help from Geoff Berrow,
Andrew Hartley and martinp

Outlook Express killfiles are accessed from:

Menus -> Tools -> Message Rules -> News

This section does not kill senders using 8 bit characters.

Click on New and you will see four boxes

Select conditions for your rule
The ones of most use for killfiles a
Where the From: line contains people
Where the Subject: line contains specific words
Where the number of lines is more than lines

Select Actions for your rule
The ones useful for killfiles a
Delete it See section 5.2
Mark it as read see section 5.2

Mark the message as ignored See section 5.1

May be applied to specific newsgroups.

Tick the boxes you wish to use

Rule description
Fill it the details of the rule here

Name of Rule
Choose a suitable name here.

Also available is a rather brutal method found at:
message -> Block sender, which works with 8 bit characters

Nfilter provide extra facilities if you are using Outlook
Express with any version of Windows,

8.6 Netscape

URL for more information:
http://browsers.netscape.com/browsers/main.tmpl

Contributed by Iain and Stephen Toledo-Brown

Netscape (at least for v4.0 and earlier) doesn't have a killfile
facility, unfortunately.

There is an "ignore thread" facility which will stop new
posts appearing on an unwanted thread. On version 4.7 you
select a message in the thread and then select Message-
>Ignore Thread from the menu bar at the top. Another way is

to type "K".

For Netscape 4.76 on WinNT: Would someone check for other flavours?

To killfile a poster in one newsgroup, follow the following sequence:
Click on the "From: " field as if to reply to the poster
Select enough text from the address to be sure you'll identify
the posts from that poster alone.
Copy (Ctrl-c)
Menu => Edit => Message filters
Click New or Edit for a filter list as appropriate
If Edit, click More to add a new idiot to the list
(you can only have up to 5 idiots in one list in Netscape,
then you have to create more lists - I don't know of any
limit to the number of lists)
Paste (Ctrl-v) into the box to the right of the "contains" box
Select Sender instead of "Subject" in the left-hand box
Click OK

To killfile a poster across multiple newsgroups, or to apply fancier
rules such as all-caps, number-of-newsgroups-crossposted, or route:
You'll need to write some JavaScript, apparently (any
pointers, anyone?), or switch newsreaders.

To kill a thread, use one of:
Ctrl-k
Right-click => Ignore thread
Menu => Message => Ignore thread

Nfilter will provides extra facilities if you are using Netscape
with any version of Windows

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old April 17th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"bizbee" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> On 16 Apr 2006 20:23:20 -0000 in <6HH1JJW938823.6828703704@anonymous>,
> Anonymous > graced the world with
> this thought:
>
> >Your assumption that my IQ is low is incorrect.

> somehow I find this impossible to believe. I might point out that your
> intelligence level isn't something that <you> get to decide, it's
> decided by others, and right now I'd say you're as dumb as a ****ing
> rock.

Heh, you can put these no-balls weasels in your kill file or blocked
senders, depending on which reader you use. There is no risk of missing a
legitimate post, as as we have discussed before, no one would use
, or any of the variants we have seen here, not in a
legitmate post.

Rocks are smarter than these types, as rocks know when to keep their mouths
shut.

Earle