Mario/Kafer Toys vs. John Conolly

Old December 2nd 04, 09:37 AM

Default Mario/Kafer Toys vs. John Conolly

What exactally caused the feud between Mario and John C?
Thanks!

Old December 2nd 04, 01:54 PM
Ben Boyle

It's a long drawn out story and most of what I know was just on this newsgroup. Go to Google and look up the archives.
This is a topic that needs to go away.

Old December 2nd 04, 02:37 PM
Kafertoys

>This is a topic that needs to go away.

I've tried, but others keep forgetting this is a VW are cooled newsgroup and
tring to turn it into a rag magazine.
I read this newsgroup to learn and help those that I can. I shop I know what
Goldie Hawn looks like with out her make-up but thats not doing me any good in
life. There should just be a newsgroup for all the BS and OT post that are
posted here. Damn that includes this one.

Mario
Old December 2nd 04, 04:24 PM
John Connolly

you troll RAMVA to scout for new Victims for your Theiving Ways.

All I'm doing is alerting your potential victims to do their homework on
your before they subsidize your lifestyle in a way in which you have become
accustomed.

I have contributed more to RAMVA in 1 year then you have in your lifetime. I
will NOT stand by silently while you continue to look for new victims. The
new guys reading RAMVA are fresh meat as far as you are concerned, and I
will alert them to your scheme.

You signed up for that when you ripped me off for $5k, and my company for
$5k, and until you pay your debt this is part of the "occupational hazard"
of being a thief. You can not rip people off then whine about how they are
saying something to others about it. If you want me to shut up, pay up your
debt (+ interest) and then I can tell people that you had some rough times,
but were a honorable guy and made good on your debts. But until then you are
still a common thief.

Actually, the proper word is probably con-artist, because your victims
actually think you are helping them out initially, and for a long while as
you rattle off reasons you need more $, or reasons you have not done what
you said and/or promised.

A true thief at least has the honor to be a thief and confront their victims
telling them they are being robbed. Instead you betray the victims trust and
sometimes friendship to do your deeds, that is far worse. You don't even
deserve the brand "thief", you are way below that label.

John

Old December 2nd 04, 04:55 PM
Kidd Andersson

>I've tried, but others keep forgetting this is a VW are cooled newsgroup and
>tring to turn it into a rag magazine.

Bull****. As always, blaming others and pointing fingers. If you really wanted
this **** to stop, you'd put out your proof so the air would be cleared and
everyone would shut the **** up about it. Instead, you just keep whining and
bitching about what a victim you are. Nobody's buying it. So if you want this
crap to stop, put up or shut up.

K.
"So tonight I'll ask the stars above, how did I ever win your love? What did I
do? What did I say to turn your angel eyes my way?"
Old December 2nd 04, 06:32 PM
Bill Berckman

I did a Google search of Mario and John C, and only came with this.
http://spazioinwind.libero.it/mariogavazzi/index.html

Could not find anything else.
Bill Berckman
67 Beetle

Old December 2nd 04, 06:54 PM
Gary Tateosian

> What exactally caused the feud between Mario and John C?
> Thanks!

.....John had his car that was left at Mario's shop chopped up and sold
off along with all the parts he had sent to Marie's shop.....of course
the restoration that was supposedly being done never occurred as the car
and parts were sold off. Its pretty simple really. John has posted the
case number several times so that *his* side of the story is easily
verifiable. I have lost several thousand dollars worth of tools and
moneys as well, and have posted *my* case number from my court decision
as well. So *my* story is verifiable very easily as well...although I
*did* not ever attempt to recover the tools, since the missed time from
work etc. , made the winning of the first decision for moneys owed
rather a moot point, especially since NC has no real collection process
until the thief actually owns land or property. Since Mario rarely has
titles for cars he "owns" (go figure) they aren't easy to seize. In
short it cost me a lot of bad money on top of good to get proof...since
Mario is very fond of accusing his victims of not having any. I have
been basically lurking in this NG lately....something I have not done in
a number of years. However, when Mario starts this same crap about
nobody having proof up, and people new to the group do not realize that
yes there is quite a body of evidence building victim by victim, then
well...I *must* speak up....really I *did* hope this would stay dead for
a while longer though. If Mario would just abide the rather simple
parameters laid out by John and stop trying to solicit victims and,
instead, just offer what helpful advice he can to the group it would
occur far easier. If you really wish to know more, do not waste the
bandwidth re-kindling a long running flame war...simply use goggle. Oh,
and you may wish to e-mail me if you are really curious...or John.
Eventually (?) there will be a web page where other victims can post
their accounts. You can further do simple research and call Hicks VW
service in Durham and ask the owner Bob ( a long time and very reputable
business) How *his* customers fared when he referred them to Mario's
shop for body work (like Kurt...who has been played along by Mario for
3-4 years and $9000+) . Or you can call Sean the owner of Transporter
Werks in Raleigh and ask him how *his* customer faired when they were
subjected to Mario (of course Sean might bring up the fact that Mario
still has his stud gun and puller he borrowed 3 years ago...lol) You may
wish to have a conversation with yet another John....this one dropped a
77 westy off with Mario that needed an engine (Mario claimed to have a
good used one) That bus now has changed VIN's and has been given to
another of Mario's customers in exchange for a collision job he took on
that was far beyond his skill. John is still in the process of doing the
necessary court filings ETC. to recover his bus from the gentleman who
now "owns" it. Expect a judgment in the near future on *that* victim.
(he had to delay his pursuit of justice due to more important priorities
of a divorce and custody battle...but is about done finally and ready to
get back to the onerous task of recovering what is his) I can of course
provide his AIM screen-name and his email once I find it again, and I'm
sure he would be willing to share *his* tale and body of evidence to any
potential victims, so that they might be forewarned.

....anyhow. There *is* evidence. The courts have recognized it in several
cases....in my case even through the appeal process. There *are*
victims....and though some have not yet, or will not ever waste the time
and money to get a paper judgment against an individual in a state with
very lax collection laws...most would probably be more than happy to
share their story if asked.

With that I am back to lurking, and hope the group will recover in time
from Mario's presence as it did from Matt and others over the years.

....Gareth

Old December 2nd 04, 08:31 PM
John Connolly

it should also be pointed out that Gary (yes, this Gary) actually defended
Mario for some time, since they were friends. He even went so far as to work
at his shop, after my claims of fraud, and discovered my assertations were
not without merit (that's saying he found Mario was as much or more of a
scumbag then I said he was).

There is more to this story, but I'll let someone that knows more tell it.

So even guys that used to defend Mario when they didn't know any better,
have changed their tune after getting more direction information.

John