Spark plug problem with PT?

Old November 21st 04, 10:15 PM
TOM KAN PA

Default Spark plug problem with PT?

In regard to another post on a misfire at idle, I have a 2001. I just had my
mechanic change the plugs at 30,000. His labor charge was $45, the dealer
wanted $115. Was there a SB stating that the plugs in the 2001 causing a
problem?

The dealer also wanted $75 to change the power steering fluid. I opted out on
this seeing that I couldn't find this reccomended service in the owner's manual
at any mileage.

Old November 21st 04, 10:18 PM
maxpower

no TSB

Old November 21st 04, 10:18 PM
maxpower

no TSB

Old November 21st 04, 11:47 PM
Richard

"maxpower" > wrote in message
> no TSB
> "TOM KAN PA" > wrote in message
>> In regard to another post on a misfire at idle, I have a 2001. I just had

> my
>> mechanic change the plugs at 30,000. His labor charge was $45, the dealer
>> wanted $115. Was there a SB stating that the plugs in the 2001 causing a
>> problem?
>>
>> The dealer also wanted $75 to change the power steering fluid. I opted
>> out

> on
>> this seeing that I couldn't find this reccomended service in the owner's

> manual
>> at any mileage.

There are OEM style dual platinum plugs from Champion for this application
and are highly recommended.

Change the power steering fluid. My system started to make noise at about
45,000 miles and was cured by changing the fluid.

Richard.

Old November 21st 04, 11:47 PM
Richard

Old November 27th 04, 02:40 PM
mic canic

i hope the cheaper job included the intake plenium gaskets

Old November 27th 04, 02:40 PM
mic canic