Looking for a VW

Old October 13th 04, 07:26 PM
Thomas Malmevik

Default Looking for a VW

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Carlos L Qualls wrote:

> (http://www.collectorcartraderonline.com/adsearch.html).
> This the people that publish the paper magazines every month
> that you can pick up usually in either the book store or
> at your local AM/PM. The above link will take you to their
> collector car section and you can put in what you are looking
> for. I found 32 cars in Washington state, but alot were over
> his price limit.
>
> Carlos
> 1968 Bug

Thanks Carlos.

--
the Grokdoc
Tom Malmevik

Old October 16th 04, 12:52 AM
Thomas Malmevik

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, John Willis wrote:

> If you are in for a little drive, come to Texas, I'll fix him up with
> one!:~)
>

> --
> John Willis

I am sure you would John. Ill ask him if he wants to go that
far......*8-}

--
the Grokdoc
Tom Malmevik

Old October 16th 04, 01:12 AM
Thomas Malmevik

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Wolfgang wrote:

> $3-4k would put her in a safe Toyota or Honda. I hate to see new drivers
> start off in a 30 year old car. A VW is great for weekend and occasion dive
> back and forth to work but not as a daily driver. Isn't it cold and rainy
> in Wash state - bad environment for air cooled VW. Is that what she or her
> dad wants?

I whole heartedly disagree with you Wolfgang. A ACVW makes a great
daily driver. They are economical with gas, handle well even in the snow
and rain, and are fun to drive. I have had 13 of them over the years and
everyone has been a daily driver. With the addition of a 12 volt fan in
the curcuit, the heaters are great. Washington state is a great
environment for an ACVW. I always suggest them as a good car to have.
Thanks for your thoughts.

--
the Grokdoc
Tom Malmevik

Old October 16th 04, 01:48 AM
Birdlander

I disagree as well. I live in central Illinois and daily drive my '73 SB
year-round. Of course, my commute is only six miles/day round-trip!

news:Pine.A41.4.61a.0410151708170.32146@aagaard06. u.washington.edu...