honda civic tune up trouble

Old July 11th 05, 12:48 PM
TeGGeR®

"BADMOJO" > wrote in
lkaboutautos.com:

> i originaly spun the engine over a couple of times without the
> throttle body hose hooked up in order to clean the throttle body.

How did you prevent the engine from starting when you "spun" it over?

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old July 11th 05, 02:10 PM
BADMOJO

plug wires not connected at that time

Old July 11th 05, 02:12 PM
BADMOJO

thanks i believe that i will have to try that

Old July 11th 05, 02:13 PM
BADMOJO

yes another fellow listed the primary and secondary winding resistance
numbers

Old July 11th 05, 02:13 PM
BADMOJO

Old July 11th 05, 02:15 PM
BADMOJO

looks like ill be replacing the coil and ignitor. it would probably be
cheaper to just replace the distributor would it not?

Old July 11th 05, 03:32 PM
TeGGeR®

"BADMOJO" > wrote in
lkaboutautos.com:

> plug wires not connected at that time

Oops! You wrecked your coil.

Replace it.

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/startproblems.html#fail

Old July 11th 05, 05:35 PM
BADMOJO

Ok that is what i was afraid of. we will try that

Old July 12th 05, 03:11 AM
BADMOJO

refresh my education. when testing with the ohm meter i ohm out from coil
lead to positive or from pos to neg. or in what order? it seems to be
reading impedence in the aforementioned ranges. if the coil reads
correctly what then? thanks mojo

Old July 12th 05, 04:41 AM
jim beam

BADMOJO wrote:
> refresh my education. when testing with the ohm meter i ohm out from coil
> lead to positive or from pos to neg. or in what order? it seems to be
> reading impedence in the aforementioned ranges. if the coil reads
> correctly what then? thanks mojo

+ & - for primary, ht lead to either for the secondary - if you have
them in series, you'll never know because the secondary's resistance is
so high in comparison.