How do I find out if my truck has "limited slip"

Old May 27th 04, 05:47 AM

Ram 2500 > wrote:
} I'm going to do some more work tomorrow and I'm trying to find out if
} my truck has limited slip.

Just romp on the gas. One black stripe = no limited slip.
Two black stripes = limited slip.

--

Frank Ball

Old May 27th 04, 12:46 PM
dick

If its in park you won`t be able to turn a wheel with limited slip. Put it
in neutral
or put transfer case in neutral.

"Trey" > wrote in message
> Put the truck in park, block the front tires. jack the back tires off the
> ground, give the wheel a spin with your hand. if the wheel on the other

side
> spins in the opposite direction freely, then its open, if its hard to

spin,
> then its a LSD
>

> "Ram 2500" > wrote in message
> > I'm going to do some more work tomorrow and I'm trying to find out if
> > my truck has limited slip.
> >
> > I want to change the diff. fluid and the transfer case fluids.
> >
> > Also, what fluid(s) do you recommend (I'd like to use synthetic) for
> > the transfer case and the differentials on a 1996 dodge ram 2500 4x4?
> >

> > NDO

---

Old May 27th 04, 12:46 PM
dick

"Trey" > wrote in message
> Put the truck in park, block the front tires. jack the back tires off the
> ground, give the wheel a spin with your hand. if the wheel on the other

side
> spins in the opposite direction freely, then its open, if its hard to

spin,
> then its a LSD
>

> "Ram 2500" > wrote in message
> > I'm going to do some more work tomorrow and I'm trying to find out if
> > my truck has limited slip.
> >
> > I want to change the diff. fluid and the transfer case fluids.
> >
> > Also, what fluid(s) do you recommend (I'd like to use synthetic) for
> > the transfer case and the differentials on a 1996 dodge ram 2500 4x4?
> >

> > NDO

---

Old May 27th 04, 09:44 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Thu, 27 May 2004, Jack Baruth wrote:

> > Just romp on the gas. One black stripe = no limited slip. Two black
> > stripes = limited slip.

> No black stripes = 3.7 V6.

*heh*. Reminds me of the old test to determine whether an A-body Mopar had
the 170 or the 225 \6 without opening the hood...

-Stern
Old May 27th 04, 09:44 PM
Daniel J. Stern