Adapters for jack stands on unibody pinch welds?

Old February 27th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default Adapters for jack stands on unibody pinch welds?

Hi,

My car has unibody and I'm affraid to bend/fold the pinch welds at the
jack points if I use regular jack stands. OEM jacks are designed with a
groove in it in order to fit the pinch weld right in. I know there's
floor jack adapters for it (see link), but what I'd really like is
adapters for jack stands...

Where can we get such adapters?

http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/p...ProductID=2061

Old February 28th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

wrote:
> Toyota Corolla 1999.

Use the pinch rails front and rear.

Toyota MDT in MO

Old February 28th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

I use 2 x 4s, 12" long - works for me. (This was after popping a few
spot welds thinking that region is designed to support the weight)

Old February 28th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

How are the 2x4s positionned?

I guess they are Parallel to the side of the car. And do you align the
center of the 2x4 on the pinch welds? Or one side supporting the pinch
welds and the other side supporting the body?

neilsanner

Old March 1st 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

On 27 Feb 2006 13:54:09 -0800, wrote:

>Hi,
>
>My car has unibody and I'm affraid to bend/fold the pinch welds at the
>jack points if I use regular jack stands.

Very rarely a problem.

Don
www.donsautomotive.com