Boosting burnout - LW

Old November 18th 04, 04:19 AM
Dave Fairfield

Default Boosting burnout - LW

Had my 2002 LW wagon boosted at the Calgary airport last weekend after I
left it in the Park n Jet lot for a few days. The radar detector drained
the battery, I guess.

The battery was boosted by a truck equipped, they said, to do it properly.
But it appears to have taken out the airbag module in the car -- the airbag
light won't go out, and my mechanic's diagnostic test shows a dead module.
The new one costs $ CDN 600.00, I'm told. Is there anything I should have
checked before replacing it? Is the price unreasonable? Is there another
source for these things?

The lot is owned by the local Budget francisee -- who should have had better
people doing this work.

Yes, I know how to boost, but the guy was so sure of himself, and his
equipment, that I let my better judgement go.

Old November 18th 04, 05:18 PM
Jonnie Santos

Nothing to offer about your airbag module - however your experience makes me
remember the time I called the towing service to change a tire on my 97SL2
and the guy started taking a prybar to the cap that covers the lug nuts. I
changed my own flats after that.