Corsa exhaust, C4

Old August 4th 06, 03:20 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
CardsFan

Default Corsa exhaust, C4

Does anyone here have experience with the Corsa Power Pulse exhaust system.
Here's a link at Eckler's:
http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?p...dept%5Fid=1778

I am mostly curious about the claim that it is "incredibly quiet at cruise
and highway speeds." I'd like to replace the exhaust on my car, but I don't
want to be constantly blown out by noise.

TIA.

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Old August 4th 06, 03:53 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob G.

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 10:20:11 -0400, "CardsFan" > wrote:

>Does anyone here have experience with the Corsa Power Pulse exhaust system.
>Here's a link at Eckler's:
>http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?p...dept%5Fid=1778
>
>I am mostly curious about the claim that it is "incredibly quiet at cruise
>and highway speeds." I'd like to replace the exhaust on my car, but I don't
>want to be constantly blown out by noise.
>
>TIA.
>
>AJM
>'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

==============================
No experience with the Corsa System.... BUT when I had my 95
6 sp (also both tops . but I never hardly ever ran it topless) I just
eliminated the mufflers ...
I am completely deaf in my one ear...(thank you Charlie) BUT at
highway speeds my wife and I could carry on a normal conversation
without any problems at all...
Slight resonance about 40-45 in 4th was its only problem...
You may want to just try removing the mufflers and driving it a few
days before you purchase a cat back system... nothing to loose thats
for sure...

Bob G.
64 72 & 98 Verts
76 & 79 Coupes
Old August 4th 06, 04:23 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"CardsFan" > wrote in message
> Does anyone here have experience with the Corsa Power Pulse exhaust system.
> Here's a link at Eckler's:
> http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?p...dept%5Fid=1778
>
> I am mostly curious about the claim that it is "incredibly quiet at cruise and
> highway speeds." I'd like to replace the exhaust on my car, but I don't want
> to be constantly blown out by noise.
>
> TIA.
>
> AJM
> '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

One of their goals was to keep the cabin quiet, I think they do that. I've had
them on a '98, '04, and the '05. Each has sounded just a bit different but the
cabin is still quiet. My only downside to them is the '05 has a low rumble at
idle inside that the others did not. The C4s that I've heard have been at idle
and full throttle during autocross and were great. I've never been inside a C4
with them at speed but would think they are as quiet as the others. They are a
quality product but just a bit overpriced, shop around, the C6 set came from
eBay and were $250 less expensive.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old August 4th 06, 04:28 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
CardsFan

"Bob G." > wrote in message
> On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 10:20:11 -0400, "CardsFan" > wrote:
>
>>Does anyone here have experience with the Corsa Power Pulse exhaust
>>system.
>>Here's a link at Eckler's:
>>http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?p...dept%5Fid=1778
>>
>>I am mostly curious about the claim that it is "incredibly quiet at cruise
>>and highway speeds." I'd like to replace the exhaust on my car, but I
>>don't
>>want to be constantly blown out by noise.
>>
>>TIA.
>>
>>AJM
>>'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)
>>

> ==============================
> No experience with the Corsa System.... BUT when I had my 95
> 6 sp (also both tops . but I never hardly ever ran it topless) I just
> eliminated the mufflers ...
> I am completely deaf in my one ear...(thank you Charlie) BUT at
> highway speeds my wife and I could carry on a normal conversation
> without any problems at all...
> Slight resonance about 40-45 in 4th was its only problem...
> You may want to just try removing the mufflers and driving it a few
> days before you purchase a cat back system... nothing to loose thats
> for sure...
>
> Bob G.
> 64 72 & 98 Verts
> 76 & 79 Coupes

Thanks. I don't run with the tops out much either. Did you notice any
effect in performance? Was it TOO loud under acceleration? I'd like it to
sound a little meaner, but I don't want to rival the Harleys either.

Sorry to hear about your war injury. A nephew is in Mosul and a good
friend's son is working the Syrian border. I worry about them every day.

AJM

Old August 4th 06, 08:52 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
CardsFan

"Dad" > wrote in message
> "CardsFan" > wrote in message
>> Does anyone here have experience with the Corsa Power Pulse exhaust
>> system. Here's a link at Eckler's:
>> http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?p...dept%5Fid=1778
>>
>> I am mostly curious about the claim that it is "incredibly quiet at
>> cruise and highway speeds." I'd like to replace the exhaust on my car,
>> but I don't want to be constantly blown out by noise.
>>
>> TIA.
>>
>> AJM
>> '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

> One of their goals was to keep the cabin quiet, I think they do that. I've
> had them on a '98, '04, and the '05. Each has sounded just a bit different
> but the cabin is still quiet. My only downside to them is the '05 has a
> low rumble at idle inside that the others did not. The C4s that I've heard
> have been at idle and full throttle during autocross and were great. I've
> never been inside a C4 with them at speed but would think they are as
> quiet as the others. They are a quality product but just a bit overpriced,
> shop around, the C6 set came from eBay and were $250 less expensive.

Thanks. I think I'll try the straight pipes first, but the above sounds
encouraging if I don't care for that. And that's good advice to shop
around. If I go with the stainless, I might have it installed at
Mid-America this September.

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Old August 4th 06, 09:14 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"CardsFan" > wrote in message

>> shop around, the C6 set came from eBay and were $250 less expensive.

> Thanks. I think I'll try the straight pipes first, but the above sounds
> encouraging if I don't care for that. And that's good advice to shop around.
> If I go with the stainless, I might have it installed at Mid-America this
> September.
>
> AJM
> '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

I got my first set there at Fun Fest for $775 on the '98.

Old August 5th 06, 06:13 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Jeff

I have dynatech headers, hiflow cats, xpipe with corsa touring exhaust.
Hardly know they are there until WOT.

Old August 5th 06, 04:43 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob G.

>Thanks. I don't run with the tops out much either. Did you notice any
>effect in performance? Was it TOO loud under acceleration? I'd like it to
>sound a little meaner, but I don't want to rival the Harleys either.
>
>Sorry to hear about your war injury. A nephew is in Mosul and a good
>friend's son is working the Syrian border. I worry about them every day.
>
>AJM

No I did not notice ANY effect on Preformance ..none..zilch !
And IT was definately not too loud under acceleration ... just Better
sounding... lol

Not expensive to just hank off the mufflers and see how it sounds I
believe the 93 had clamps ...my 95 did not and I had to cut off the
muffler and clamp on a set of eliminator pipes... without the
eliminator pipes it was a little louder inside the car as the exhaust
was dumped under the car not out behind it...

Bob G.
Old August 12th 06, 03:32 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
fh

I have replaced my titanium exhaust on 'my 04 Z06 CE, with the Corsa Pace
Car and X-pipe (2.5" dia). These added 9 rwhp (dyno tested). They are quiet
as a mouse at idle and cruise and really scream on launch with zero
resonance. I wouldn't have any thing else. BTW, the touring system makes a
good paper weight IMHO.
Hub_Cap
news:ra2dnbKBZsVhtUnZnZ2dnUVZ_v6dnZ2d@hawaiiantel. net...