Need help = Vibration under acceleration

Old January 16th 05, 09:29 PM

Default Need help = Vibration under acceleration

My 96' Yukon (2 door) just started having this vibration out of
nowhere, thought it may be what some call a "bleeder wire" which I
don't think it is because i've inspected all of them and couldn't find
any signs of wear or defectiveness. The vibration starts out pretty
much un-noticeable until about 40mph, then it starts vibrating. As long
as your holding this speed or higher the vibration continues, but when
I let off the gas the vibration stops. But as soon as I press the
accelerator it starts again, sometimes worse than it was to begin with.
If someone has any advice as for what I can do to solve this, please
let me know.
Thanks,
JD

Old January 16th 05, 10:43 PM
Rufus T. Firefly

When's the last time you had your tires balanced?

oups.com...

Old January 19th 05, 01:16 AM
rocknbronco

I would check the bearings in all four corners.Have you had any major
service to your rig since you got it with the diffs or had your
bearings repacked-something I recomend with eery brake job.
rocknbronco
88 Ford Bronco XLT

Old January 19th 05, 07:53 AM

Thanks everyone for posting your remarks, I'll check into all of them
and hopefully figure out the problem. If you've got any more advice,
please keep them coming.
Thanks,
JD