3.0L valve sounds

Old October 23rd 04, 06:57 AM
ulas cosar coskun

Default 3.0L valve sounds

Hello,

One of my friend has a 91 minivan with 3.0L engine in it. I noticed
that it has a very bad valve sounds. They hit the head like crazy. Can
the problem be fixed without removing heads, or should he remove the
head and machined it. I mean is there some shaft or larger rocker arms
that can fix the problem without costing lots of money.

thanks.
Old October 23rd 04, 10:53 AM
maxpower

not being able to hear the noise i would say it is probably a bad lifter, if
so the head does not have to be removed
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech
om...

Old October 23rd 04, 10:53 AM
maxpower

Old October 24th 04, 05:03 AM

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 05:53:11 -0400, "maxpower" >
wrote:

>not being able to hear the noise i would say it is probably a bad lifter, if
>so the head does not have to be removed
>Glenn Beasley
>Chrysler Tech

Or just as likely a bad valve guide, in which case it DOES need to be
removed.

I've had to replace the heads twice on mine - never replaced a lifter.

. com...

Old October 24th 04, 05:03 AM

Old October 24th 04, 04:42 PM
ulas cosar coskun

I will try to change or clean the lifters. If helps, i save alot of
time, or next weekend, I will start tearing apart the head.

what are the specification of the camshaft thickness, or any way if i
can tell rocker arms are still good.

Thanks.