Help W/Serpantine Belt 1.8T

Old March 10th 05, 04:07 AM
Corys66

Default Help W/Serpantine Belt 1.8T

I am putting a new Alt in my 02 1.8T and the belt flew off the pullys and I
don't know the routing. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP SOON!!!

Old March 10th 05, 05:33 AM
dave AKA vwdoc1

Is the diagram in your owner's manual?

lkaboutautos.com...

Old March 10th 05, 02:30 PM
Papa

If you don't already have one, purchase a Bentley service manual for your
specific car.

lkaboutautos.com...

Old March 10th 05, 02:53 PM
Iain Miller

"Corys66" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
>I am putting a new Alt in my 02 1.8T and the belt flew off the pullys and I
> don't know the routing. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP SOON!!!

As it happens I have a picture I took of the front of my 98 AEB engine when
I did the T-Belt for the precise reason of reminding myself what the belt
routing was! (Caveat - assuming the layout on my 98 engine is the same as
your '02)

If you want it I can e-mail it to you - assume your e-mail address is as
above?

rgds

Iain

Old March 10th 05, 04:15 PM
Rex B

Corys66 wrote:
> I am putting a new Alt in my 02 1.8T and the belt flew off the pullys and I
> don't know the routing. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP SOON!!!

Isn't there a sticker in the engine compartment that illustrates belt
routing? All American cars have that, figured it was a standard practice.

If not, your FLAS will have a routing diagram in their belt lookup
(paper) catalog.

--
- -
Rex Burkheimer
Old March 11th 05, 03:43 AM
dave AKA vwdoc1

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/pr...147 &t=167704
might have a picture

Also try autozone.com for a diagram if you find that part and if you are
lucky! ;-)

BTW digital cameras are nice to have!!!