1994 Chrysler LeBaron... Misc issues... HELP!

Old March 7th 05, 09:26 PM
SMoo

Default 1994 Chrysler LeBaron... Misc issues... HELP!

First, the gear shift indicator quit working. I pulled the dash apart, but
couldn't get down far enough to get to anything...
Any ideas on what to check?

Second, whenever I turn right, the car shudders, sometimes violently. This
doesn't happen all the time though... After a few right turns, it will stop
doing it.
Any ideas here are appreciated as well.

Thanks
Steve

Old March 9th 05, 05:13 AM
SMoo

Anyone?!

Old March 22nd 05, 04:51 AM
Mr_Notorius5500

Well as far as the gear shift indicator goes; as you move the gear shift
lever, there is a piece of nylon string attached to the steering column
that pulls the indicator needle into position. it retracts with a spring
acting against the string. When you drop the steering column, you can see
the string and if the string is attached, then look for a broken or
disconnected spring by the indicator.

As far as your shuddering problem goes, you could have worn suspension
parts specifically ball joints in your front end. Also look for anything
broken like a section of the frame and check your stablizer bar bushings.