Birds in my Jeep TJ?!

Old June 30th 05, 07:21 PM
FrankW

I know there's a space between the body and frame
behind the rear wheels. Did you look there?

Old June 30th 05, 07:30 PM
fray

> Replace your universal joints.

Huh? No these are birds.. not a mechanical chirping noise when I
drive.. (I know this because when I park the jeep.. they are still
chirping!)

Old June 30th 05, 07:31 PM
fray

> I know there's a space between the body and frame
> behind the rear wheels. Did you look there?

What is the way to access this area? Take off the inner fender cover?
(I remember having to remove a cover on one side when I installed the
trailer wiring....)

Old June 30th 05, 07:37 PM
FrankW

A cover? My 01TJ didn't have a cover.
Not sure about my 05Rubie though.
I'm talking about the area where the frame
is an arc above the axle. Maybe she built
a nest in there.

Old June 30th 05, 07:37 PM
Jeff Strickland

Probably not behind the tank, but above it. Again, there is considerable
space between the back of the wheel wells and the rear body panel. It is
pretty easy to see where to wash.

oups.com...

Old June 30th 05, 07:38 PM
Jeff Strickland

No. Get down on your hands and knees and look up. The space is wide open
from the bottom ...

oups.com...

Old June 30th 05, 07:39 PM
Jeff Strickland

"fray" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> > Replace your universal joints.

> Huh? No these are birds.. not a mechanical chirping noise when I
> drive.. (I know this because when I park the jeep.. they are still
> chirping!)

In that case, chew up a few worms and feed them ...

Old June 30th 05, 07:50 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Only on Real Jeeps.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 30th 05, 10:10 PM
reconair

That always works for me. LOL

Old July 1st 05, 12:03 AM
Troy

I remember seeing a site somewhere that this guy cut some bar above his gas
tank and raised the tank a few inches for clearance... maybe enough room
above it for the nest?

Troy

Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi in UK Dori A Schmetterling Chrysler 4 June 2nd 05 10:22 PM
What is a TJ? Brian Foster Jeep 23 January 22nd 05 07:06 AM
Jeep VS others Elliot Westcott Chrysler 64 December 19th 04 03:22 PM
Chrysler to show Jeep pickup and "FirePower" sports car concepts inDetroit MoPar Man Chrysler 4 December 10th 04 08:45 PM