Which is better overall, Forza or GT4 ?

Old May 6th 05, 12:20 PM
meee

Default Which is better overall, Forza or GT4 ?

Which game has the most realistic physics modeling , not just in theory, but
in terms of how realistic they feel compared to a top notch PC sim? How do
the games compare overall ? Also, has anyone played Enthusia racing yet ?

Old May 6th 05, 03:56 PM
rrevved

On Fri, 6 May 2005 04:20:54 -0700, "meee" > wrote:

>Which game has the most realistic physics modeling , not just in theory, but
>in terms of how realistic they feel compared to a top notch PC sim? How do
>the games compare overall ? Also, has anyone played Enthusia racing yet ?

Enthusia has a very good physics model. Far better than Forza or GT4,
or any other console sim that I am aware of. I haven't tried RBR
on a console, but I have tried most of the rest .

With all aids OFF on all of them, by the way.

Enthusia feels a little like a slightly toned down LFS. I really like it!
It's a major sleeper for those who want more realistic physics in a
console game.

In Forza, you can round a tight corner in a Viper in 2nd gear and
slam the throttle wide open and get a tiny bit of wheelspin and
a little wiggle in the back. A FUN racer, but not anywhere close to
a true 'sim'.

The suddenly wide-open throttle in a tight corner in a massive HP car
won't give those same result in Enthusia .. hehe.

Old May 6th 05, 05:12 PM

rrevved wrote:

> Enthusia feels a little like a slightly toned down LFS. I really like

it!
> It's a major sleeper for those who want more realistic physics in a
> console game.

How do you like the game overall, it didn't fare too well in the
reviews. Is the AI any better in Enthusia than GT4? I picked up Forza
purely for Road Atlanta (my local track) and the 350Z (my car), but
don't like the lack of wheels available. Since I'm no longer playing
GT4, would be nice to have something for my driving force pro.

Old May 6th 05, 05:46 PM
Joe62

On Fri, 6 May 2005 04:20:54 -0700, "meee" > wrote:

>Which game has the most realistic physics modeling , not just in theory, but
>in terms of how realistic they feel compared to a top notch PC sim?

Forza, no question to me. GT4 is OK but feels way to simplistic,
especially the braking ... you can just button mash the digital brake
button to get unrealistic braking. Forza feels much more like a top PC
sim ... you have to always be thinking about your braking point, and
then applying brakes carefully with the analog trigger, or you'll pay
the price.

>How do
>the games compare overall ? Also, has anyone played Enthusia racing yet ?

I loved GT4 when it first came out but the affair only lasted a couple
weeks befire the flaws set in (no AI to speak of, poor rally mode,
just-OK driving physics, broken "free money" car-upgrade gameplay).

Forza has better physics in my opinion, decent and fun AI, damage
model (no pinballing around the corners off other cars here!), better
tracks in my opinion, a better handheld controller, and online
multiplayer (if you're into that).

GT4's advantages are slightly better graphics (more jaw-dropping
gorgeous moments for sure) and solid force-feedback wheels.
Old May 6th 05, 09:43 PM
rrevved

On 6 May 2005 09:12:31 -0700, " > wrote:

>rrevved wrote:
>
>> Enthusia feels a little like a slightly toned down LFS. I really like

>it!
>> It's a major sleeper for those who want more realistic physics in a
>> console game.

>How do you like the game overall, it didn't fare too well in the
>reviews. Is the AI any better in Enthusia than GT4? I picked up Forza
>purely for Road Atlanta (my local track) and the 350Z (my car), but
>don't like the lack of wheels available. Since I'm no longer playing
>GT4, would be nice to have something for my driving force pro.

The AI in Enthusia is very good. Aggressive, smart, etc.. Nothing at
all like GT4 and a little like Forza. I'm pretty early in the game, BTW.
They race for position and I have seen them 3-abreast going into a fast
corner. VERY nice AI. A lot like Forza.

I wish I had your wheel. It would make Enthusia VERY nice. If you
race in real life as I used to, I would strongly suggest that you pick
up Enthusia. When you feel that car moving around on it's suspension
and you fighting for control of it, you'll see what I mean.

Go here and read about it, see the screenshots, and watch the movies:

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/enthusia/

Be SURE to see the 'Promotion' movie ..

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/enthusi...ovie/prom.html

I love the game, personally, but it is difficult and not for everyone,
especially those with a short attention span or needing instant gratification
on every corner. I am wondering whether I have the skill to progress
deep into this game without a wheel.

If you race for real and you have a wheel, just buy it would be my advice.

Be sure to check out their site and look at the renders and screenshots of the
incredible selection of cars, new and old ...

Back to slidin' .. heehe

Old May 6th 05, 09:53 PM
rrevved

On Fri, 06 May 2005 15:43:27 -0500, rrevved > wrote:

>On 6 May 2005 09:12:31 -0700, " > wrote:
>

>>rrevved wrote:
>>
>>> Enthusia feels a little like a slightly toned down LFS. I really like

>>it!
>>> It's a major sleeper for those who want more realistic physics in a
>>> console game.

>>How do you like the game overall, it didn't fare too well in the
>>reviews. Is the AI any better in Enthusia than GT4? I picked up Forza
>>purely for Road Atlanta (my local track) and the 350Z (my car), but
>>don't like the lack of wheels available. Since I'm no longer playing
>>GT4, would be nice to have something for my driving force pro.

>The AI in Enthusia is very good. Aggressive, smart, etc.. Nothing at
>all like GT4 and a little like Forza. I'm pretty early in the game, BTW.
>They race for position and I have seen them 3-abreast going into a fast
>corner. VERY nice AI. A lot like Forza.
>
>I wish I had your wheel. It would make Enthusia VERY nice. If you
>race in real life as I used to, I would strongly suggest that you pick
>up Enthusia. When you feel that car moving around on it's suspension
>and you fighting for control of it, you'll see what I mean.
>
>Go here and read about it, see the screenshots, and watch the movies:
>
>http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/enthusia/
>
>Be SURE to see the 'Promotion' movie ..
>
>http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/enthusi...ovie/prom.html
>
>I love the game, personally, but it is difficult and not for everyone,
>especially those with a short attention span or needing instant gratification
>on every corner. I am wondering whether I have the skill to progress
>deep into this game without a wheel.
>
>If you race for real and you have a wheel, just buy it would be my advice.
>
>Be sure to check out their site and look at the renders and screenshots of the
>incredible selection of cars, new and old ...
>
>Back to slidin' .. heehe

One more thing. When I am making these glowing comments about
Enthusia, I am driving with all aids off, except for auto transmission.

Old May 6th 05, 11:00 PM
Alan Bernardo

"meee" > wrote in message
> Which game has the most realistic physics modeling , not just in theory,
> but
> in terms of how realistic they feel compared to a top notch PC sim? How do
> the games compare overall ? Also, has anyone played Enthusia racing yet ?

Oh, man-- excellent question!

Alanb

Old May 9th 05, 01:50 AM
Steve Simpson

> One more thing. When I am making these glowing comments about
> Enthusia, I am driving with all aids off, except for auto transmission.

I'll have to check it out I guess. The reviews haven't been very kind. I
prefer the Physics/AI in Forza but absolutely marvel at the polished
graphics in GT4.

Forza Car List Rob Berryhill Simulators 19 May 7th 05 11:37 PM
has anyone tried Forza using a wheel ?? meee Simulators 3 May 7th 05 04:31 AM
Forza: Undriveable from 'cockpit' view. no Simulators 11 May 6th 05 09:45 PM
Forza [email protected] Simulators 6 May 6th 05 06:21 PM
FORZA Motorsport -- What's the Scoop? [email protected] Simulators 11 January 6th 05 07:57 PM