Can oil & filters change cause enging fire?

Old August 5th 05, 02:20 PM
N8N

Bill Putney wrote:
> I.Pavlov wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 23:32:51 +0000, Steve B. wrote:

> >>Perhaps the "On Fire" light was burned out?
> >>
> >> Steve B.

> > Are you joking or is there indeed such a light?
> > If not, this looks like a good idea to me - some
> > sort of indication that under-hood temperature is
> > abnormally high.
> >
> > IP.
> >

> Most cars should probably have a "SON OF A B**CH!! HEY A**HOLE!!" light.

When the cutlines around the hood start glowing orange, that's your
light right there.

nate

Old August 6th 05, 09:46 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"I.Pavlov" > wrote in message
news

> > While everything is fresh, sit down and write EVERYTHING DOWN, the
> > date, the time, the names of the people you talked to, the names of the
> > techs at the oil change place, what they said, every last thing.
> >

> I talked to the Chrysler tech at the dealership yesterday and showed him
> the photos of the damage. He said that disturbed wiring might be likely
> cause but he also said that in cases like this it is almost irrelevant,
> but what is important is that they worked on the car and then minutes
> after they finished it went on fire. This by itself almost totally

excludes
> the coincidence. He said that this should be taken care of by shop's
> insurance.

Well, what do you know, that's just what I said 2 days ago:

"The fact that the fire started minutes after you left the oil change place
means that there's a preponderance of the evidence that a mistake they
made caused the fire"

> It looks like he is very familiar with the subject - most likely
> Chrysler service department has similar insurance to take care of possible
> cases like this one.

I'll give you some more unsolicited advice - the longer you waste time
yakking this up with us, convenient service departments, lawyers offices,
and so on, instead of doing what I mentioned and calling the oil change
place shop's
insurance company and filing a claim, the harder it's going to be to get
the claim paid.

But I won't mind if you check this with the Chrysler tech at the dealer -
again. ;-)

Ted