Sloth Coaster Gets His Come-Uppance

Old July 20th 05, 05:50 AM
Alexander Rogge

> Why aren't you laying on the horn to wake the clueless idiot up?
> Because that would be "road rage", and you could be ticketed for it. -Dave

It's more because it usually doesn't do anything but waste the horn. To
these idiots, the horn is used when:

You are waiting in front of somebody's house or apartment with the
engine idling, instead of turning off the vehicle and going inside to
see if there is something delaying them.
You see somebody driving faster than you.
You're blocked by someone who wants to drive slower than you, after
you've blocked traffic for the past five minutes.
You're behind someone at a green light that doesn't move on green, after
you've done the delayed start at the past five traffic lights.
Old July 20th 05, 05:55 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 12:02:18 GMT, "C. E. White"
> wrote:

>Glad to see you are so smart. Do you every look in the mirror?

Yes, I do - every time I want to see a Sloth, I look in my REAR VIEW
mirror.

Old July 20th 05, 08:54 PM
Ulf

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> While driving my pickup truck to the hardware store yesterday, I got
> temporarily stuck behind a Sloth Coaster driving an SUV. The posted

I was at a hardware store today when some ****ing moron parked his car
blocking the exit for *20* minutes. Four people tried telling him to
move it, but he refused until he was done shopping... The only good
thing about it was that I was working, so at least I was paid for
waiting, but I was still ****ed. And there's only so much you can do
when you have your company's logo on the doors...

Ulf
Old July 20th 05, 10:09 PM
Robert Briggs

Ulf wrote:

> The only good thing about it was that I was working, so at
> least I was paid for waiting, but I was still ****ed. And
> there's only so much you can do when you have your company's
> logo on the doors...

Even if it's the logo of a breaker's yard or other outfit that
runs tow trucks?
Old July 20th 05, 10:22 PM
Kenneth Crudup

In article . net>,
"Skip Elliott Bowman" > says:

>It works great on timed lights

Not too many of those here in LA, though. What's also infuriating
here is how you'll leave one green light, and the light ahead goes
red halfway to it (and trust me, these people move *slowly*). It's
as if there's a plan in place to keep street traffic moving at a
crawl.

-Kenny

--
Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles
H: 3630 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #138, L.A., CA 90034-6809 (310) 391-1898
Old July 20th 05, 11:05 PM
Dave

Ulf wrote:
> Scott en Aztl=E1n wrote:
> > While driving my pickup truck to the hardware store yesterday, I got
> > temporarily stuck behind a Sloth Coaster driving an SUV. The posted

> I was at a hardware store today when some ****ing moron parked his car
> blocking the exit for *20* minutes. Four people tried telling him to
> move it, but he refused until he was done shopping... The only good
> thing about it was that I was working, so at least I was paid for
> waiting, but I was still ****ed. And there's only so much you can do
> when you have your company's logo on the doors...

Heh, someone blocked a parking lot with a Corrolla when an unnamed
driver had a pickup about 2 years ago, and similarly said everyone else
could wait until they were done, or find some other way out.

Since the truck's towing capacity was about double the Toyota's weight,
the driver slowly started pushing the Toyota (parking brakes be
damned!) until it's owner realized the driver wasn't joking and decided
it would be smart to get it out of the exit.

The Toyota owner threatened to call the cops, but everyone else waiting
(as well as an employee who came out to see what happened) were eager
to be the driver's alabi. Nobody saw nothing, and everyone else was
free to leave. (Names have been changed, but you get the idea.)

Dave

Old July 21st 05, 04:25 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 19:54:42 GMT, Ulf > wrote:

>I was at a hardware store today when some ****ing moron parked his car
>blocking the exit for *20* minutes. Four people tried telling him to
>move it, but he refused until he was done shopping... The only good
>thing about it was that I was working, so at least I was paid for
>waiting, but I was still ****ed.

Walking through a parking lot this evening to a restaurant, a small
car pulls into the aisle, stops right in the middle (despite a
multitude of open spaces they could have easily pulled into). The
driver and his passenger both get out, Chinese-firedrill-style, and
proceed to swap drivers - despite the cars waiting behind to get
through. The happy couple then proceeds to engage in a nice, deep kiss
while still standing in the open driver's door. The woman then gets
into the car, leisurely fastens her seat belt, and slowly drives away,
leaving the man to walk into the restaurant and finally clearing the
traffic aisle.

Goddamn MFFYs...

>And there's only so much you can do
>when you have your company's logo on the doors...

That doesn't stop some morons.

Old July 21st 05, 02:25 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article >,
Ulf <to.e-mail.see@homepage> wrote:

>I was at a hardware store today when some ****ing moron parked his car
>blocking the exit for *20* minutes. Four people tried telling him to
>move it, but he refused until he was done shopping... The only good
>thing about it was that I was working, so at least I was paid for
>waiting, but I was still ****ed. And there's only so much you can do
>when you have your company's logo on the doors...

Now this is a perfect example of where taking the law into your own
hands is perfectly appropriate. The asshole should have found his car on
its side when he came out. Or someone should have mugged him for his
keys.
Old July 21st 05, 02:27 PM
Matthew Russotto

In article . com>,
Dave > wrote:

>Since the truck's towing capacity was about double the Toyota's weight,
>the driver slowly started pushing the Toyota (parking brakes be
>damned!) until it's owner realized the driver wasn't joking and decided
>it would be smart to get it out of the exit.

Perfect.

>The Toyota owner threatened to call the cops, but everyone else waiting
>(as well as an employee who came out to see what happened) were eager
>to be the driver's alabi. Nobody saw nothing, and everyone else was
>free to leave. (Names have been changed, but you get the idea.)

If he had called the cops, first thing they'd do after hearing the story
is probably write him a ticket for something...

Sloth Kills Two More Scott en Aztlán Driving 65 July 18th 05 01:26 PM
Sloth as a revenge tool/enablers Brent P Driving 11 May 1st 05 09:03 AM
SLoth. Brent P Driving 0 April 29th 05 02:13 AM
U-Turn Sloth and Enabler Alexander Rogge Driving 1 April 21st 05 02:52 AM
MFFY Sloth in minivan Alexander Rogge Driving 1 March 12th 05 07:20 PM