Eclipse clutch

Old August 11th 06, 02:32 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
blindreaper

Default Eclipse clutch

Sometimes the clutch will ingage and sometimes it will not. When it
does'nt it seem the pedal is loose. After a few minutes the stiffness
returns and it shifts fine. Any ideas?

Old August 11th 06, 02:36 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
admin[_1_]

blindreaper wrote:
> Sometimes the clutch will ingage and sometimes it will not. When it
> does'nt it seem the pedal is loose. After a few minutes the stiffness
> returns and it shifts fine. Any ideas?

If it's really an "eclipse" - as in Mitsubishi.. you might do better
looking for a newsgroup for Mitsu.

Sounds like it's binding. Why? Dunno Mitsu clutches very well - but on a
bimmer I'd be looking at the slave cylinder or the throwout bearing.