I am a bench racer JUST LIKE PATTY and 180

Old February 25th 05, 01:45 AM
Michael Johnson, PE

dwight wrote:

> (All I can say is, if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the threads)

When it comes to newsgroups, advice doesn't get any better than this.
Old February 25th 05, 04:05 AM
Wound Up

> Wound Up wrote:
>

>>Yeah, I know... I forgot, then got drunk. ?Or was it the other way

> around...
>
> What a dick. Blaming alcohol for your own shortcomings.

For the record, here's the deal.

Chronic mental instability is a shortcoming I readily admit. So be it.
We all have issues. Alcohol merely brings out more of it. I take
psychotropic meds, but sometimes forget, and it gets bad when I get
drunk to boot. Multiplicative effects.

I usually am in a humorous mood when I write these insane ranting posts
(as I was with yours) but occassionally, I'm in a very dark and hateful
mood. I know you are incredulous about it being a ridiculous,
good-natured slam, but if you were in a room with me, it would have come
across entirely differently. This is a very poor medium for trying to
convey much subtlety of emotion, particularly if it's loud and brash in
presentation.

I may spew forth a tome of either, but in both cases, it's just not
constructive, and should always be disregarded. I know I'm the one who
needs to refrain myself, and not lay whichever it is on people. If
anyone notices, it is always very late at night when you see crazy posts
from me, long after I'm very, very gone. And that usually means I also
forgot to take my meds, and it's been a while. Coo-coo land.

This is just an explanation. It's not an excuse, or me begging for
approval, because I know I'll get none. For my part, I will refrain
from belaboring the group with these particular posts. If you don't
believe me, I understand, and will just shrug it off.

So I apologize, to 180, Patrick, and all.
Take it or leave it, I don't really care.

And this doesn't mean -one bit- that I will never argue with anyone.
It's in my nature to argue. I won't apologize for a sincere flame, but
I will for this ridiculous, insane, drunken kind.

You want some
> numbers, here are three: (1) burn your computer,

Can't. I work in IT. Also I'm looking for work.

>(2) stop drinking,

I used to be a hell of a lot worse. But I lose my footing now and then,
and that means I go over the deep end.

> and (3) get a job.

Yeah, really. Six months of unemployment has driven me more nuts than I
already am. I had three interviews this week. The two today went
really well. It's going to end soon.

--
Wound Up
JeckyllAndHydeSnake #65

Old February 25th 05, 02:16 PM
Backyard Mechanic

Wound Up opined in :

> wrote:
>> Wound Up wrote:
>>

>>>Yeah, I know... I forgot, then got drunk. ?Or was it the other way

>> around...
>>
>> What a dick. Blaming alcohol for your own shortcomings.

> For the record, here's the deal.
>
> Chronic mental instability is a shortcoming I readily admit. So be it.
> We all have issues. Alcohol merely brings out more of it. I take
> psychotropic meds, but sometimes forget, and it gets bad when I get
> drunk to boot. Multiplicative effects.
>
> I usually am in a humorous mood when I write these insane ranting posts
> (as I was with yours) but occassionally, I'm in a very dark and hateful
> mood. I know you are incredulous about it being a ridiculous,
> good-natured slam, but if you were in a room with me, it would have come
> across entirely differently. This is a very poor medium for trying to
> convey much subtlety of emotion, particularly if it's loud and brash in
> presentation.
>
> I may spew forth a tome of either, but in both cases, it's just not
> constructive, and should always be disregarded. I know I'm the one who
> needs to refrain myself, and not lay whichever it is on people. If
> anyone notices, it is always very late at night when you see crazy posts
> from me, long after I'm very, very gone. And that usually means I also
> forgot to take my meds, and it's been a while. Coo-coo land.
>
> This is just an explanation. It's not an excuse, or me begging for
> approval, because I know I'll get none. For my part, I will refrain
> from belaboring the group with these particular posts. If you don't
> believe me, I understand, and will just shrug it off.
>
> So I apologize, to 180, Patrick, and all.
> Take it or leave it, I don't really care.
>
> And this doesn't mean -one bit- that I will never argue with anyone.
> It's in my nature to argue. I won't apologize for a sincere flame, but
> I will for this ridiculous, insane, drunken kind.
>
> You want some
>> numbers, here are three: (1) burn your computer,

> Can't. I work in IT. Also I'm looking for work.
>
>>(2) stop drinking,

> I used to be a hell of a lot worse. But I lose my footing now and then,
> and that means I go over the deep end.
>
>> and (3) get a job.

> Yeah, really. Six months of unemployment has driven me more nuts than I
> already am. I had three interviews this week. The two today went
> really well. It's going to end soon.

Well, that's interesting.

I hope the hell you spend some time researching everything about that drug
and alcohol..might "sober you up".

A little story - as we're in group therapy mode here-

I was prescribed Paxil for depression ten years ago, and I also got pro-
active and went for therapy.. which guy sent me to a prescribing psychiatrist
where I met with a male nurse (picture your lawyer assigning a paralegal to
work on your case) who quizzed me about my daily activities.

So when I related how I complained loudly to bank branch manager for having
one counter clerk open at noon on friday and THAT one was doing a 20 minute
business banking transaction.. along with other cases where I ranted about
various slights.. none of which even suggested going for my gun though.

THEN THE GUY DECIDES I'M BIPOLAR!! Tells me I need Lithium.. And he KNOWS I'm
on Paxil.

Well, we NOW ALL know Paxil does that to you... but I knew it THEN. Because
the appropriate NG was full of postings about it.

And I kept telling them - that before I went on Paxil, i didnt give a ****
about anything and certainly never acted out.

Well, I used the effects of Paxil well, told the Doc that he and his nurse
were idiots and humped out the door.. then weaned myself off Paxil.. because
ANOTHER effect, after you're on it a while, is that you start spacing out and
I found myself having an "out of body" experience while driving down the
freeway.

Anyway...I ended up on NO meds, little or no alcohol, and just gritting
myself through each day. Which, after a while, made much more sense for me.

Now a bit of final advice...after bouncing from job to job for 4 years, I
found the PERFECT JOB slot, where i'd be doing exactly what I was wanting to
do.

But I got very bad vibes from the interviews, particularly the co-worker who
would be training me..
Anyway, Manager thought I was great. Hired, I went heads-down and humped my
ass off.

Result - Coworker cut me off at the knees every chance he got; every dirty
trick and harassment method you can think of, he did.

So go for the social aspects first.. I'd had a job, earlier, where everything
else was great but the pay really sucked so I quit it when I shouldnt have.

Old February 25th 05, 05:34 PM

Wound Up wrote:

> So I apologize, to 180, Patrick, and all. Take it or
> leave it, I don't really care.

Just STOP, Wound Up, just stop. It it's amazing how many screwed up
people there are out there who could make such vast improvements just
by STOPPING. No effort required. Just STOP.

So now you tell us you have some kind of chemical imbalance or other
organic brain problem that causes you to behave like an asshole, and
that you choose not to exercise the willpower necessary to control it,
and the rest of the world has got to accept that choice and live with
it. Even in your present supposedly "under control" state, some
half-assed "apology" that you instantly retract is enough to make you
feel all better about yourself.

Whatever. I'm not buying. An asshole is an asshole is an asshole, and
you are one. 24 carat.

180 Out

Old February 25th 05, 08:02 PM
Wound Up

You know what 180? The biggest mistake I ever made was engaging you in
a dialogue to begin with, and thinking, after the first full exchange,
that it could ever be constructive or worthwhile. You're a haughty
prick, with no small degree of mental instability yourself. You showed
that very, very clearly in the BB group. You even suprised me.

No, I'm not sorry for flaming you. And I don't care what you "buy" and
what you don't, lawyer. It's meaningless. Just **** yourself, you
condescending jerkoff. I am what I am. I am not ashamed of it, and I
will never "just stop". You're the very last person to whom I needed to
explain myself.

I recognized, admitted to and addressed a pattern of what I considered
to be bad behavior in this newsgroup, with you being its last target. I
stand by what I said about it. Anyone who has read my posts for the
past six months understands that I am just not on an even keel all the
time. If there's anyone to whom I owe an actual apology, it would be
WindsorFox.

I laugh at your arrogant dismissals and condescension. Don't presume to
talk to me that way. Maybe I shouldn't have opened the door. I should
have known how you'd react. You're nothing if not predictable.

Yours truly,

Wound the **** Up

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

Old February 25th 05, 10:51 PM
barbara johnson

it took you 1:30 hours to completely change your personality!! Whats wrong
nico did you lose your high paying IT job and turn to DRUGS and ALCOHOL?? I
think you will be the one on the street corner soon little boy!! Can you
spell WACKOoooooo??? Haaaaaaaaaa

BJ

Old February 26th 05, 12:33 AM

BJ? ... blowjob?

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

Old February 26th 05, 02:06 AM
barbara johnson

Oh shut up KID and go spank your monkey