Tin-knocking question

Old April 15th 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Tin-knocking question

I've got a `51 Willys 4x4 pickup cab sitting in my garage with a
caved-in roof. The dent is perhaps 2'x 1 1/2', and about 3" deep.
Before I attempt something and make it worse, what is the best way to
pop this back out?

Old April 16th 06, 12:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Uhhhhh...
that was the previous Mr. Kate, not the current one.
but I could ask PMK if ya want me to

and YOU Billy Ray... are gonna get it.

"billy ray" > wrote in message
: If there are no sharp creases you may be able to just 'pop' the depression
: out.
:
: Kate and 'Mr. Kate' used to have a body shop, send her a note...
:
: "Lee Ayrton" > wrote in message
: ...
: >
: >

Old April 16th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Off the wall idea but you might try a chunk of dry ice.

Jeff DeWitt (when it comes to off the wall ideas I'm full of it!)

Old April 16th 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

LOL "floozy" I have heard that term in fifty years.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old April 16th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"Lee Ayrton" > wrote in message

> I've got a `51 Willys 4x4 pickup cab sitting in my garage with a caved-in
> roof. The dent is perhaps 2'x 1 1/2', and about 3" deep. Before I attempt
> something and make it worse, what is the best way to pop this back out?

Lee,
Remember, "Last in First out". That is the way to work the dent. Look at
the edges of it from inside. Find the least damage, and start trying to work
it out gently from the by pushing with the palms of your hands. The metal is
already stretched, so it will not come back 100%. This should get you in
fairly good shape though. Do you want to finish it out all the way? If so,
email me direct, or I will check back in the next day or so to see your
response(s), and we can go from there.
Hippie...

Old April 16th 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Our 80's reincarnation was "Random Floozy".
tw
2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton
capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II.

Old April 16th 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

You knew my Grandmother in Iowa, too. ;-)
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old April 16th 06, 11:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Sweater meat, chippie, bimbet (young bimbo), Shiela, six-pack, Nancy, dizzy
Lizzy, bitch, yacker, whoe, heals, legs

Coasty

Old April 16th 06, 01:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Well..... I did have some pussy curled up next to me last night which got
kicked out this morning when I got up..... unfortunately it was feline not
female... <sigh>

"Coasty" <uscg_ret at comcast dot net> wrote in message
. ..
> Sweater meat, chippie, bimbet (young bimbo), Shiela, six-pack, Nancy,

dizzy
> Lizzy, bitch, yacker, whoe, heals, legs
>
> Coasty
>

> "billy ray" > wrote in message
> > How about bag, bawd, B-girl, bimbo, blower, broad, cat, chick, Chippie,
> > concubine, courtesan, Debauchee, fallen woman, harlot, hussy, hustler,
> > jezebel, loose woman, moll, painted woman, party girl, pickup, pink

pants,
> > slattern, slut, Strumpet, swinger, tart, tomato, tootsie, tramp,

Trollop,
> > wench,.
> >
> > Did I forget any?
> >

> > "L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" > wrote in message
> >> LOL "floozy" I have heard that term in fifty years.
> >> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
> >> http://www.billhughes.com/

> > floozy

> > bring a

> > morning!

1995 Toyota camry knocking? Steve Technology 4 March 12th 05 07:37 AM
Ignorant question. Jeepers Jeep 9 January 15th 05 05:42 AM
156 knocking when clutch dropped Peter Mac Alfa Romeo 4 November 19th 04 06:33 PM
93 SL1 Valve Body - Question Gary Compton Saturn 3 September 3rd 04 05:58 PM