Insurance???

Old April 10th 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Insurance???

Question about insurance. I have a 2004 GT. I live in Sacramento, CA.
My 6 month insurance rate is about 1260. The break down is: I live
in a high insurance area, my deducts are 500/500 (Has to be for the
banks. 500 for collision/comp) I have a clean record (No accidents,
no tix ever) I am not married. To me, this seems extremely HIGH. The
lowest I have found is 1094/6months. Does anybody have experience with
insurance in this area? I figured that by the time I was this age (30
in dec) I would have somewhat cheaper insurance. This is more than I
was paying when I was 18 driving a slightly modifed V8 firebird.

Brian

Old April 10th 06, 04:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

I too live in Sacramento, where I drive a '91 GT. Insurance rates are
indeed high, and I don't have a good reason. Your rates are less then
what I am paying, but at this point there's not much I can do since I'm
also 19. I'm guessing I will find high rates where ever I go even
though I do have a completely clean record. I might end up moving if
rates don't go down that much. For the area and comparison of car
vlaue, and age, the rates don't seem that unreasonable. Oh well. Hope
this helps

CBeech

Old April 10th 06, 05:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Ottawa, Canada
44 yrs old
1992 5.0 LX
$340 (cdn) / 6months
pretty much same coverage as OP.

I guess my insurance company figures that I am all grown up and
responsible :-)
Old April 10th 06, 11:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Michigan
$165 for 6 mo.
48 years old

--
John - ThunderSnake #59
'69 Mach 1 w/ 390 4V

ups.com...

Old April 10th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Yea John, but what kind of coverage and deducts are you carrying?
Man that's insane low!

"John" > wrote in message
: Michigan
: $165 for 6 mo.
: 48 years old
:
: --
: John - ThunderSnake #59
: '69 Mach 1 w/ 390 4V
: Wide Ratio Toploader
: 3.50 Traction-Lok
: Acapulco Blue
:
: > wrote in message
: ups.com...
: > Question about insurance. I have a 2004 GT. I live in Sacramento, CA.
: > My 6 month insurance rate is about 1260. The break down is: I live
: > in a high insurance area, my deducts are 500/500 (Has to be for the
: > banks. 500 for collision/comp) I have a clean record (No accidents,
: > no tix ever) I am not married. To me, this seems extremely HIGH. The
: > lowest I have found is 1094/6months. Does anybody have experience with
: > insurance in this area? I figured that by the time I was this age (30
: > in dec) I would have somewhat cheaper insurance. This is more than I
: > was paying when I was 18 driving a slightly modifed V8 firebird.
: >
: > Brian
: >
:
:

Old April 10th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Tennessee
48 YO female, multi car / multi policy, good driver discounts. Full
coverage, 100 300 300 with fairly low deducts 250 & 50
$469 bi-annual

"John" > wrote in message
: Michigan
: $165 for 6 mo.
: 48 years old
:
: --
: John - ThunderSnake #59
: '69 Mach 1 w/ 390 4V
: Wide Ratio Toploader
: 3.50 Traction-Lok
: Acapulco Blue
:
: ups.com...

Old April 10th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Insurance in NYC... 2400 dollars a year. For comprehensive with 1000k
deductible.. NO collision coverage. I have umbrella for personal
injury.. NYC SUCKS for insurance.. 2004 v6 converible.

Old April 10th 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Greetings,

I just bought a 99 GT off an 18 yr old kid who was paying $3800.00/ 6 mo. on
his FATHERS policy! No accidents or tix (he says). This is in Salem, Oregon.
Incredible. For the same car, my insurance is $324.00/ 6 mo. - 46 yrs old,
250/250 deducts. Guess my kids won't be driving a GT anytime soon.

Cheers

Scott

ups.com...

Old April 11th 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:50:29 -0500, "Kate"
(please ask)> wrote:

>Tennessee
>48 YO female, multi car / multi policy, good driver discounts. Full
>coverage, 100 300 300 with fairly low deducts 250 & 50
>$469 bi-annual

Well that's what you get for having a sexually confused year.

--

Only way to beat terrorist is to use terrorist tactics...set traps, snipers.
No amount of conventional warfare will work...