GEARING ON MY 4X4

Old June 15th 05, 03:51 AM

Default GEARING ON MY 4X4

Can anyone help, I have an 1985 blazer 4x4. it had an overdrive trans
in it with a np203 tranfer case and 3.08-1 gears. Now it has a t350
trans and np208 tranfer case. I have lifted it built the engine up with
more power. I am going to put 37 or 38 inch tires on it, all of the
charts say that i should put 5.28 or 5.71 gears in it for more power
over stock are they correct or is there a better way to find out what
should be in it. Can you help me. thanks

Old June 15th 05, 05:36 PM
SnoMan

"h1humr" wrote:
>Can anyone help, I have an 1985 blazer 4x4. it had an overdrive trans
>in it with a np203 tranfer case and 3.08-1 gears. Now it has a t350
>trans and np208 tranfer case. I have lifted it built the engine up
>with
>more power. I am going to put 37 or 38 inch tires on it, all of the
>charts say that i should put 5.28 or 5.71 gears in it for more power
>over stock are they correct or is there a better way to find out what
>should be in it. Can you help me. thanks

Based on your current level of performance, a set of 4.88’s and 37’s
or 38’s would give you better performance now than with your current
set. You are going to be running into axle strength limitations with
37 or 38’s if you keep stock axles. Give all of this I would say 4.88
or maybe 5.13’s. I would strongly recommand that you find a 14 bolt
9.5 inch semifloating rear axle (not 10.5 full floater) for your
blazer as they came with 6 lug hubs to in some truck models and it is
about as strong as a Dana 60 but it is limited to a max ratio of 4.88
which would work for you anyway. Another nice thing about the 9.5 is
the wide selection of lockers avalible for it automatic and selectable
and even the stock posi unit is a lot stronger than one that comes in
a 10 bolt rear axle. It is a very wise upgrade for your truck since
you plan to run big rubber and the 9.5 will handle 38’s without any
problem too.

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/4X4-GEARIN...ict124645.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=606963
Old June 16th 05, 12:35 AM
SnoMan

"Peter D. Hipson" wrote:

>Your H1 has about a 5.40 ratio.

How did we get on a H1??

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/4X4-GEARIN...ict124645.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=607199
Old June 16th 05, 02:03 PM
Peter D. Hipson

Read his sig/email address again... <g>

Old June 16th 05, 11:37 PM
SnoMan

"Peter D. Hipson" wrote:
>Read his sig/email address again... <g>
>
>On 15 Jun 2005 19:35:49 -0400, SnoMan
>
>wrote:
>
>>"Peter D. Hipson" wrote:
>>>
>>>Your H1 has about a 5.40 ratio.
>>>

>>How did we get on a H1??</font>

What has his "sig" got to do with it when he was clearly talking
about a 85 blazer????

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/4X4-GEARIN...ict124645.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=607934

gearing in my TJ? Josh Piela Jeep 4 June 10th 05 04:06 PM
4' raised ...does this require 33 tyres and gearing change as a minimum ? Mick Miller Jeep 1 April 8th 05 08:33 PM
GTR - Elise gearing? Marc Collins Simulators 1 March 28th 05 02:18 PM
Wrangler TJ Tire axle gearing Questions Derek Proctor 4x4 6 June 3rd 04 02:28 PM