problems starting car need help

Old March 1st 06, 06:37 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default problems starting car need help

I have a 1993 corvette,do not run it much. Went to start, would not start.
It turns over and that is it. Can anyone tell me what the problem might
be.

Old March 2nd 06, 01:29 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

This is impossible to diagnose over the NewsGroup without alot more info
; id listen for the fuel pump running while someone else turns the key
Its always best to not let a car sit very long without driving it .
Let us know what the problem was when you find out. Id be curious.

Old March 2nd 06, 04:04 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

1. Out of gas
2. Need to crank it longer to get it to start
3. Squirrel chewed through some of the ignition wiring
4. Someone stole the coil
5. Someone stole the TPI unit
6. Someone stole all the spark plugs
7. Mouse built a next in the air intake

You need to give a lot more information that it sat, it cranks, it won't
start. My wife goes ballistic if her car doesn't start in 3 seconds.
However, if I expected that out of the Corvette after sitting a few weeks,
I'd be in an asylum. Cars sit, they take longer. Sit a long time, they may
not start at all, due to lots of problems.

You need to open the hood, check around, see if everything is where it
should be and supposed to be, and then begin basic troubleshooting. Two
things make an engine run - fire and fuel. Check the ignition system for
spark and that all wires are intact. Check the fuel system that the pump is
running, the fuel is there, and that fuel is delivered to the TPI unit.

Then ask some questions, like it pops some, it fires, then dies, it never
fires, it spins fast, it spins slow, and so on.

And if you think those items at top are stupid, well, I have seen every one.
And your message did not lead me to believe you had even begun to check
anything other than the key.

lkaboutautos.com...

Old March 21st 06, 09:53 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Verify your timing.

BMW X3 starting problems Dr Nick BMW 2 January 23rd 06 10:47 PM
Problems starting my MTX (Manual Trasnmission) [email protected] Technology 2 January 20th 06 04:33 PM
Starting Problems McNick Jeep 12 October 1st 05 03:58 AM
Starting problems... paladin0917 Jeep 7 September 22nd 05 01:15 AM