heat & glue

Old May 26th 05, 05:07 AM
TF

Default heat & glue

Hi

I had a couple of scratches fixed at a very reputable body shop and it looks
like the glue on the back and even part of the front got hot enough to allow
some separation.
Only one spot is really noticable and I'm wondering if I should ask them to
fix it.

It looks like the easiest way would be to heat it up again and push it back
into place and let cool, i.e. use a 2x4 or something to hold it into place.
Any thoughts on any of this?

04 couple, silver/black
Thanks,
TF

Old May 26th 05, 06:50 AM
TF

Actually, it looks like the heat deformed the front and rear, as well as did
a number on my rubber seals.
I need to know what else might have been ruined on this.
Should the car even be exxposed to 160 degrees?
Baking the parts before assembly is one thing, but now I'm worried the heat
might have damaged rubber seals on mechaniocal parts and elsewhere.

Please someone tell me what I should do here.

I'm going to call a body shop out of town I know about that specializes in
Corvettes.

Thanks,
TF

Old May 26th 05, 11:12 AM
sbright

What are you saying??

Wow

Old May 26th 05, 12:47 PM

TF wrote:
> Hi
>
> I had a couple of scratches fixed at a very reputable body shop and it looks
> like the glue on the back and even part of the front got hot enough to allow
> some separation.
> Only one spot is really noticable and I'm wondering if I should ask them to
> fix it.
>
> It looks like the easiest way would be to heat it up again and push it back
> into place and let cool, i.e. use a 2x4 or something to hold it into place.
> Any thoughts on any of this?

I have no idea what you're talking about. What glue, and on the back
of what? Separation of what? Heat WHAT up again?

Old May 28th 05, 12:45 AM
TF

I'm not getting anyone's posts through my server:

May 26, 7:47 am show options

Newsgroups: alt.autos.corvette
From: - Find messages by this author
Date: 26 May 2005 04:47:59 -0700
Subject: heat & glue
Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message |

TF wrote:
> Hi

> I had a couple of scratches fixed at a very reputable body shop and

it looks
> like the glue on the back and even part of the front got hot enough

to allow
> some separation.
> Only one spot is really noticable and I'm wondering if I should ask

them to
> fix it.

> It looks like the easiest way would be to heat it up again and push

it back
> into place and let cool, i.e. use a 2x4 or something to hold it into

place.
> Any thoughts on any of this?

I have no idea what you're talking about. What glue, and on the back
of what? Separation of what? Heat WHAT up again?

The glue on the back covere, where it's glued to the the quarter panels.
I don't think the body shop had anything to do with it, as heat from the sun
can do the same.
I think there was stress at the joints from the factory and the heat just
allowed it to separate.

TF
"TF" > wrote in message ...
> Hi
>
> I had a couple of scratches fixed at a very reputable body shop and it
> looks
> like the glue on the back and even part of the front got hot enough to
> allow
> some separation.
> Only one spot is really noticable and I'm wondering if I should ask them
> fix it.
>
> It looks like the easiest way would be to heat it up again and push it
> back
> into place and let cool, i.e. use a 2x4 or something to hold it into
> place.
> Any thoughts on any of this?
>
> 04 couple, silver/black
> Thanks,
> TF

Attached Images
File Type: gif dot_clear.gif (43 Bytes, 35 views)
Old June 1st 05, 05:48 PM
support

TEST, please ignore. Off net test.

Old June 2nd 05, 10:54 PM