who here was part of Hawaii?

Old March 11th 05, 12:25 AM
DodgeBullet40

Yeah...Late Night with Dave was a great league. I think we ran in SSCA too.
I don't know what happened to him...I think he got a job with Creative and
had to give it up...

. com...

Old March 11th 05, 02:12 AM
ymenard

>"DodgeBullet40" > wrote
> Yeah...Late Night with Dave was a great league.

LNwD had the best race reports, also

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old March 11th 05, 02:41 AM
Dave Henrie

"Don Burnette" > wrote in
:

> Tim Y wrote:
>> Hard to believe its been 10 years since my first online racing
>> experience. I was wondering how many old-timers that still follow
>> this group were testers on Hawaii? A show of hands and handles.
>> I went by MR.V
>>
>> Tim yuhasz

> Here...
>
> Who would have thought, back then, that online racing would be no
> further along than it is today?
>
> Well, perhaps I should clarify. I have not raced online in well over a
> year, let's say no further than what I perceive it to be today.

I never did the beta work, but I was able to log on a few times and
race. I don't remember any backwards drivers, any obscene flaming, But
there were some pretty intense guys. I got a podium finish after getting
caught up in a 20 car wreck on lap one at...probably Martinsville. I
stayed out with the hood(bonnet) shoved up into the windscreen<windshield>
and motored around. I had one teeny/tiny piece of viewable real estate in
the cockpit. Got lapped many times by the two guys who missed the
carnage. But the others took so long in the pits I was able to outlast
them.

dave henrie
Old March 11th 05, 02:46 AM
DodgeBullet40

Yeah...he kept them up awhile too after the league folded. I kept meaning
to grab them but kept putting it off...

Old March 11th 05, 12:05 PM
Ed Medlin

"Tim Y" > wrote in message
> Hard to believe its been 10 years since my first online racing
> experience. I was wondering how many old-timers that still follow
> this group were testers on Hawaii? A show of hands and handles.
> I went by MR.V
>
> Tim yuhasz

Raced a few times on Hawaii. I had a son in college and a new house and just
couldn't afford the phone bills. Think about it, those were dialup days.
Good quality racing but sometimes intense. I haven't really got back into
the online scene much since. I finally have half-decent dsl and am thinking
about getting back into it if there is anyone out there who would take an
old "newbie" and help him through the ropes.

Ed

Old March 11th 05, 02:33 PM
DodgeBullet40

I guess the current state of on-line racing is about where I thought it
would be. I didn't think the community would be as scattered though. Back
in the day everyone would be meet on Hawaii, Compuserve, or TEN. A central
meeting place is probably the thing the community needs the most to get it
back to where it used to be. There are still some good leagues out there
and broadband is finally available to most people...even CW Webster is using
broadband now...lol. I thought Papyrus would keep making Nascar and Indycar
games forever...obviously that didn't happen.

Old March 11th 05, 04:28 PM
CW Webster

hear hear

Old March 11th 05, 08:31 PM
Joe62

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:29:05 GMT, "Tim Y" >
wrote:

>Hard to believe its been 10 years since my first online racing
>experience. I was wondering how many old-timers that still follow
>this group were testers on Hawaii? A show of hands and handles.
>I went by MR.V

I was a tester but could not actually get the connection working,
there was some technical problem (can't remember what).
Old March 11th 05, 08:56 PM
Jeff Haas

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:44:38 -0500, "Larry" > wrote:

>Waves Hand...
>
>I don't remember a lot about how the service worked, but I do remember the
>$300 Phone Bills
>
>-Larry

Yes I remember the FIRST phone bill I got. Racing kinda got curtailed
after that.

Jeff
Old March 11th 05, 11:50 PM
jwilson54

Yep I was there,phone bills never got too bad for me,I do rember the
cars jumping straight up in the air at the beginning lol