1993 90S Workshop manuals on eBay - worth buying?

Old September 10th 06, 02:17 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Av

Default 1993 90S Workshop manuals on eBay - worth buying?

I'm refering to the DVD's that this person is selling:
http://cgi.ebay.com/AUDI-WORKSHOP-SE...em130024642810

I'mn ot a mechanic.. a hobbyist at best, but I do like doing my own
minor repairs. I usually buy the Haynes or Chilton manuals but they
don't exist for my '93 90S. Is this DVD set worth buying?

I want to do some pretty simple things like opening up he instrument
panel to change bulbs, and also some more difficult thinks like changing
my fuel pump (and fuel filter along with it) as I'm pretty sure is on
the way out.
I don't think i'm daring enough to cahnge my own brakes and rotors yet..
Old September 10th 06, 10:42 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Sami Heikkinen

The item being sold seems to be WinElsa according to the pictures. This is
VAGs electoric factory repair manual. It definitely contains all the stuff
you need and more. It is very useful.

You must notice that for that low price this is most definitely a pirated
copy and contains some kind of crack with it. So don't expect to receive
orginal product, but a bunch of home burnt disks

Regards,
Sami

Old September 10th 06, 03:36 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Ash

"Sami Heikkinen" > wrote in message
news
> The item being sold seems to be WinElsa according to the pictures. This is
> VAGs electoric factory repair manual. It definitely contains all the stuff
> you need and more. It is very useful.
>
> You must notice that for that low price this is most definitely a pirated
> copy and contains some kind of crack with it. So don't expect to receive
> orginal product, but a bunch of home burnt disks
>
> Regards,
> Sami
>
> "Av" > wrote in message
>> I'm refering to the DVD's that this person is selling:
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/AUDI-WORKSHOP-SE...em130024642810
>>
>> I'mn ot a mechanic.. a hobbyist at best, but I do like doing my own
>> minor repairs. I usually buy the Haynes or Chilton manuals but they
>> don't exist for my '93 90S. Is this DVD set worth buying?
>>
>> I want to do some pretty simple things like opening up he instrument
>> panel to change bulbs, and also some more difficult thinks like changing
>> my fuel pump (and fuel filter along with it) as I'm pretty sure is on
>> the way out.
>> I don't think i'm daring enough to cahnge my own brakes and rotors yet..

I don't believe VAG provide repair data (Elsawin) to anyone but their
dealers and consequently any Elsawin DVD's must have been "liberated" at
some point in their life.

As someone who likes to repair their own vehicles I acquire the necessary
information from whatever source I can.

Elsawin, even if pirated, is a valuable resource particularly in the
circumstance where Haynes etc do not publish repair info.

Old September 10th 06, 09:07 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Geoff[_2_]

i recently bought a DVD for my A4. It was not the same one as the one
you show on ebay, it does not have diagrams just technical data like
torgue settings.
i would not buy mine again

Old September 11th 06, 03:00 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Amigo

We bought one like that and it turned out to be burned discs. We were
completely unable to get them to work. My daughter is amazing with
computers and she couldn't get them to work, either. The funny thing is
there are lots of positive feedbacks for the product. We've been
looking for a used Bentley manual instead.
Jan