Toyo T1-R

Old August 11th 05, 06:52 PM
Barry

Default Toyo T1-R

I need tires and was planning to get the Toyo T1-S, but my local shop said
that they are no longer available and have been replaced by the T1-R. Does
anyone out there have any experience with these? In particular, is the ride
as good as the T1-S?

Barry

Old August 11th 05, 10:44 PM
Lanny Chambers

In article >, "Barry" > wrote:

> I need tires and was planning to get the Toyo T1-S, but my local shop said
> that they are no longer available and have been replaced by the T1-R. Does
> anyone out there have any experience with these? In particular, is the ride
> as good as the T1-S?

I have a set on order. Judging by the reports on the Miata forum, the
T1-R retains the ride while improving slightly in every other aspect.

---
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis
Old August 12th 05, 12:36 AM
M. Cantera

They Rs are just out. Toyo quotes 18.1 lbs for the T1-S and 19 for
the T1-R. They are both 280 AA A and W speed rated. So it seems one
is replacing the other. Slightly different thread pattern, maybe less
noisy?

I would opt for lighter tire if available. HOwever, Toyo is
advertising a 500 mile no cost test and a free set of sunglasses, so
just take them up on it.

Old August 12th 05, 12:53 AM
Leon van Dommelen

Lanny Chambers > wrote:

>In article >, "Barry" > wrote:
>
>> I need tires and was planning to get the Toyo T1-S, but my local shop said
>> that they are no longer available and have been replaced by the T1-R. Does
>> anyone out there have any experience with these? In particular, is the ride
>> as good as the T1-S?

>I have a set on order. Judging by the reports on the Miata forum, the
>T1-R retains the ride while improving slightly in every other aspect.

New T1-Rs are better than worn T1-Ss?

Leon
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)
Old August 12th 05, 01:19 AM
Leon van Dommelen

M. Cantera > wrote:

>They Rs are just out. Toyo quotes 18.1 lbs for the T1-S

for the 215/40ZR16 and 205/45ZR16
http://www.toyo.com/tires/tire_specsheet.cfm?id=2

> and 19 for
>the T1-R.

for the 205/45ZR16
http://www.toyo.com/tires/tire_specsheet.cfm?id=20

The 215/40ZR16 is listed as 18.

> They are both 280 AA A and W speed rated. So it seems one
>is replacing the other.

Sounds likely.
Leon

Old August 14th 05, 08:41 PM
Frank Berger

"Barry" > wrote in message ...
>I need tires and was planning to get the Toyo T1-S, but my local shop said
>that they are no longer available and have been replaced by the T1-R. Does
>anyone out there have any experience with these? In particular, is the
>ride as good as the T1-S?
>
> Barry

This biggest change may be the absence of the hyphen in the T1R.

Old August 14th 05, 09:54 PM
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
"Frank Berger" > wrote:

> This biggest change may be the absence of the hyphen in the T1R.

Good catch! When did that change? I seem to remember a hyphen on
official Toyo websites last year.

---
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis

Toyo T1-S 14" 55 Section gixer Mazda 3 February 20th 05 05:24 AM
2000 Miata tire wear, irregular, what to suspect? josh Mazda 13 February 2nd 05 03:45 PM
FA: S4 Avus 17" wheels & Toyo Proxes FZ4 tires Kevin Spreng Audi 0 January 14th 05 01:22 AM
Toyo pickup trouble chaz General 0 February 19th 04 11:20 PM