WOW...that was too close!!!

Old January 8th 05, 03:21 AM
Tom

Default WOW...that was too close!!!

I live in a low area near a creek that normally has 2 feet of water and
this recent weather had me sweating bullets!

Water was surrounding my entire house (looked like a houseboat) and it
got into my garage. There was only about 1" of water on the floor of the
garage my Vette sits in. All this and the forcast was for another entire
day and night of rain.

To top all this off, I called my insurance agent a couple of days ago
when the water started rising, to check that I had enough coverage on my
property. Found out my flood insurance was cancelled 4 years ago when I
refinance after my divorce. OMG!! No insurance???

Well, the water has retreated back into the banks of the creek today and
my policy will be in force 30 days from now (mandatory waiting period).
Only real loss was a water logged John Deere riding mower which I will
deal with in the spring.

Thank God!
--
Tom

"That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest."
-Henry Thoreau
Old January 8th 05, 08:15 PM
TF

Next time, get in and drive it somewhere else.
I'm glad you made it through.
TF

Old January 8th 05, 08:15 PM
TF

Old January 8th 05, 10:48 PM
Scubabix

My 78 was filled to the middle of the seats during the hurricanes this year
here in FL. Engine's shot and didn't expect it to get quite that deep in
the location it sits.
My 96 was high and dry though.

Rob

Old January 8th 05, 10:48 PM
Scubabix

Old January 8th 05, 11:37 PM
StingRay

Rob, a dumb question - does your car insurance cover damage from a
hurricane? Just curious. Are you replacing/rebuilding the engine in the
78? - SR

Old January 8th 05, 11:37 PM
StingRay

Old January 9th 05, 08:39 AM
Marty

I was wondering the same, also was it sal****er? That would really suck.
Marty

Old January 9th 05, 08:39 AM
Marty

Old January 9th 05, 02:58 PM
Scubabix

It was fresh water. I could claim it under my homeowners insurance, but,
the companies were allowed to increase their deductibles to several thousand
dollars for hurricane damage. Another fine example of how the blood sucking
*******s rip everyone off. Ok, enough of that. The car is awaiting a
complete rebuild. It was a learning experience of a Corvette NOT to buy.
The fact it flooded sounds a lot worse than it was, the interior has already
been stripped out, the rebuilt seats I'm going to put into it are in my
bedroom, high and dry.

Rob