American Hiroshima

Old July 16th 05, 06:13 AM
Jim Yanik

DTJ > wrote in
:

> On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 18:26:55 -0700, "Phil Scott"
> wrote:
>
>> What will you do about the 20 million living spread out
>>across the US and inside our US corporations here and abroad?

> If there were really that many terrorists in the US we wouldn't be
> here.

Most US Moslems know how good they have it here in the US.
Better than in any Arab country.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old July 18th 05, 07:15 AM
DTJ

:

>> On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 18:26:55 -0700, "Phil Scott"
> wrote:
>>
>>> What will you do about the 20 million living spread out
>>>across the US and inside our US corporations here and abroad?

>> If there were really that many terrorists in the US we wouldn't be
>> here.

>Most US Moslems know how good they have it here in the US.
>Better than in any Arab country.

Most of the Muslims here in the US actually favor what we are doing in
the Middle East. The only people complaining are some of the idiot
liberals, the media, and the terrorists.

I believe the term is Helsinki syndrome, where people take the side of
their captor, and actually argue the side of the captor. Kind of like
what liberals, the media, and a lot of europeons are doing.
Old July 18th 05, 07:15 AM
DTJ

On 16 Jul 2005 05:17:55 GMT, Jim Yanik .> wrote:

>> Pull out? No. I believe we're generally doing what can be done without
>> inciting massacres and bloodbaths. However, we *could* buff the troops
>> a bit with supplies and equipment.

>????
>The factories are working hard to supply the troops with armor,what other
>supplies/equipment are they lacking?

We can always do better.

>> ... or just take control and make the whole freaking region a US
>> Territory for 99 years like England did with colonies in the far east.

>Interesting that Britain left most of their colonies with reasonably decent
>governments.

That is what democracy is all about.
Old July 18th 05, 05:12 PM
Jim Yanik

Hank > wrote in :

> Ken Smith wrote:
>> [KRP] wrote:

>> > How is that possible when 90% of even the AMERICAN MEDIA is vehemently
>> > ANTI-AMERICAN?

>> What are you smoking, Panger? The only stories we get are those our
>> corporate masters want us to hear, and the only laws that get passed are
>> the ones our corporate masters bribed our legislators to pass.

> Isn't that what he meant by anti-American? The U.S.
> corporate owned and censored mainstream corporate media
> parrot the bu$h's regime's anti American lies more like
> stenographers than reporters. If anyone is anti-American,
> it's the lying, thieving, cowardly, draft dodging war
> criminals, terrorists, and war profiteers on the bu$h
> regime.

Nonsense;the mainstreamm media have been attacking Bush ever since he was
first elected.

The "mainstream media" is more than 70% liberal,and their "reporting" shows
that.

60 Minutes is just the last memorable bad example of that.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old July 18th 05, 05:15 PM
Jim Yanik

DTJ > wrote in
:

> On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 14:12:24 GMT, Ken Smith > wrote:
>
>> Our history of mischief and the undermining of democratic regimes in
>>the region is well-documented. These people have good cause to want to
>>exact revenge, and we are blind if we don't recognize it.

> Care to elaborate on those democratic regimes you speak of? Please
> take the time to differentiate between the democratically elected
> governments that you imagine and the regimes we all know were in
> power.

I suspect he thinks the recent Iranian elections were "democratic".
(except that the candidates were only ones that the religious council
approved)
Or Mugabe's election being "democratic".

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old July 20th 05, 12:41 AM
Jim Yanik

"Roy Shroyer" > wrote in
:

> If the hypothetical invading power called you a terrorist, would you
> lay down your arms? Would you call yourself a terrorist in that
> situation, or a freedom fighter?

Do "freedom fighters" bomb and kill their own people?

> How many car bombs were going off in Iraq before we invaded? How many
> international terrorists were in Iraq prior to April 03? Did Iraq
> have anything to do with 9/11, wahabbist Muslims, or Al Queda? Are we
> occupying that country? Are we building 14 permanent bases there?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/alqaida/st...241646,00.html
http://www.channelone.com/news/2004/06/19/ap_putin/
http://www.techcentralstation.com/092503F.html
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...0/000/003/378f
xyz.asp
http://www.nationalreview.com/mccart...0406170840.asp

Got news for ya,it's not the Iraqis that are doing the terrorism in
Iraq,and yes,it IS terrorism,they bomb and kill their own people,despite an
election demonstrating their desire for democracy.
Even Al-Zarqari(sp) said that it was so.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old July 20th 05, 05:18 PM
Jim Yanik

"Bernard Farquart" > wrote in
:

> "DTJ" > wrote in message

>>>Perhaps we're following the letter of the law, but just barely, with
>>>respect to the Guantanemo prisoners.

>> Maybe, maybe not. I guess it depends on who is there. If they are,
>> as I believe, terrorists, I don't give a **** about what we do. If
>> they aren't, then yes, it bothers me.

> The problem I see, is we need to be able to say, that prisoner over
> there "Ali I kill ya" is a terrorist, and we are going to hold him
> based on this or that information, and that we don't have people just
> randomly being held without our government being straight up about
> what we have on them, and who we have.
>
> Secret prisoners are not cool in the America I grew up in.
>
> I am pleased to see that at least we seem to be releasing some
> people that there is no case on (Lawyer from Portland for instance)
> but I think it should be more clear what is up with our intentions
> with each prisoner.
>
> I have a major problem with US citizens not being given the
> rights that are thier birthright, and I have a problem with Gitmo
> being used as a long term grey area holding center.
>
> Notice I have a problem with it *long term* the government needs
> the basically **** or get off the pot with these people, get the
> information they need and either cut them loose, or try and sentance
> them for what they have done.
>
> Bernard

Keeping prisoners in a war is different than keeping suspects for civil
wrongdoings. Same goes for terrorism.
POWs don't get returned until after the war is over,or a prisoner exchange
is negotiated.Since we're dealing with a non-state entity,there can be no
negotiations.

If the enemy knows you have captured one of theirs having knowledge of
their plans,they can change them.If they believe the person was killed,then
they may not change their plans.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

American Car Makes Dave Lister Driving 125 June 22nd 05 05:05 AM
bin laden drives a stang [email protected] Ford Mustang 2 April 24th 05 03:53 PM
"American" TV media cover up CIA_Israeli torture Awake BMW 7 February 26th 05 03:44 PM
American cars Dave Antique cars 6 February 13th 05 05:27 PM
American cars Dave General 6 February 13th 05 05:27 PM