Anyone have a TDI for sale?

Old March 24th 05, 06:23 AM
Rex Merriweather

Default Anyone have a TDI for sale?

Also looking for used TD engine.

--
Rex Merriweather
www.stunttrumpet.com

Old March 24th 05, 12:44 PM
Jo Bo

check at the tdi club. www.tdiclub.com
JoBo

"Rex Merriweather" > wrote in message
> Also looking for used TD engine.
>
> --
> Rex Merriweather
> www.stunttrumpet.com

Old March 27th 05, 07:50 PM
HooHa

"Rex Merriweather" > wrote in message
> Also looking for used TD engine.
>
> --
> Rex Merriweather
> www.stunttrumpet.com

Um -

Have you seen the price of diesel these days?

Old March 27th 05, 09:19 PM
Al Rudderham

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 10:50:18 -0800, "HooHa" > wrote:

>Have you seen the price of diesel these days?

It's way up there. So is gas. What's your point?

The higher fuel prices go the better deal diesel is.

--
Remove preceding and trailing X from username for replies
(Sorry, but I'm SICK of spam...)
Old March 28th 05, 03:45 AM
Rex Merriweather

Actually, we run WVO and don't pay for fuel. I have been running my vanagon
for 15,000 miles this way!

Old March 28th 05, 04:43 AM

Some folks are doing the wvo on the older tdi. Not for the pdi.

Johann Koenig > wrote:

>On Sunday March 27 at 06:45pm
>"Rex Merriweather" > wrote:
>
>> Actually, we run WVO and don't pay for fuel. I have been running my
>> vanagon for 15,000 miles this way!

>Not so hot with a TDI, or so I hear. But should work great for my diesel
>Rabbit when I get a chance to set it up! Sure wish I had a turbo though.

Jim B.
Old March 31st 05, 03:03 PM
Papa

Not so much that way anymore. Diesel fuel should always be cheaper than
gasoline because it does not get refined as much as gasoline. However, over
the last couple of years diesel fuel has become more expensive than even
regular (87 octane) gasoline. In my area of central Ohio diesel is running
about 25 cents more per gallon than 87 octane. I sure would be interested in
finding out why this is the case. It's like charging a customer more at a
restaurant if the customer does the cooking.

Old March 31st 05, 04:06 PM

I don't know what state you are in, but in mostly it is due to road
taxes. Exempt(off-road) fuel is exactly as you would expect, Diesel is
cheaper than gasoline(by about a dime usually).

JW

Old March 31st 05, 04:12 PM
Tom's VR6

In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, Papa wrote:

>Not so much that way anymore. Diesel fuel should always be cheaper than
>gasoline because it does not get refined as much as gasoline. However, over
>the last couple of years diesel fuel has become more expensive than even
>regular (87 octane) gasoline. In my area of central Ohio diesel is running
>about 25 cents more per gallon than 87 octane. I sure would be interested in
>finding out why this is the case.

http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/oog/info/gdu/gasdiesel.asp would tend to
say that the refining per gallon costs more for diesel. I suspect
that is related to economy of scale. Refining techniques allow
conversion to lighter fractions. It is not just a matter of
separating the fractions.

> It's like charging a customer more at a
>restaurant if the customer does the cooking.

Did you ever notice that restaurants with without windows tend to
charge more that restaurants with windows?

Old March 31st 05, 08:00 PM
Papa

As I mentioned, I'm in Ohio.

According to a report I read on the internet
(http://www.ohiogasprices.com/tax_info.aspx), twenty two of the states
charge the same amount of tax per gallon, whether or not the fuel is diesel
or 87 octane gasoline. For ten other states, the tax differential is a penny
or less. Thus, as far as highway use is concerned, there is not much of a
per gallon tax advantage in choosing one type of fuel over the other.
However, if the cost of diesel fuel continues rising and gets too far ahead
of the cost of 87 octane gasoline, it will become generally cheaper to run
gasoline powered vehicles, even though diesels get better mileage per
gallon.

oups.com...