alloy wheel cannot be removed upon a flat tire

Old March 7th 05, 10:43 AM
memoryic

Default alloy wheel cannot be removed upon a flat tire

Hi,
I own a peugeot rally '99 (16v 1.6l). Last year I have replaced the
original wheels with TSW alloys.

The problem is that when I have a flat tire, even when I take the
bolds out, I cann't remove the wheel. For some reason the aluminioun
alloy sticks to the metal (iron) surface. Each time I have a flat tire
I need to call road assistance, the mechanic cannot do anything and we
the wheel (by punching it for more than half an houre wih a hummer)I
have noticed a bit of rust at the junction on iron and aluminioum,
whuch might cause the problem.

My question is very simple.

Does anybody experience similar problems with alloy wheels?
Is there anything I can do to prevent this unfortunate situation?

I have already tried to put some grass in an efford to protect the
surfaces from rust, by didn't work.

Any ideas are very wellcome.

thanks,
MemortIC.
Old March 7th 05, 07:10 PM
Mike Romain

You have to use lots of anti seize paste on the hub face and back of
wheel.

The problem is electrolysis from dis-similar metals and the hubs can
literally get fused onto the wheel so the rim gets destroyed removing
it.

The anti seize paste can be obtained at any auto parts store and lasts
for years.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old March 10th 05, 11:16 PM
Al Bundy

I'd be taking some meat out of the wheel and the hub so that would
never happen to me twice in a lifetime.

Old March 11th 05, 02:40 PM
memoryic

Thanks guys,

I have just tried a specific product I 've found on the local shops as
Mike suggested. Its a green gel I hope it will work. Only time will
show...

thanks again,

MemoryIC