Click It or Ticket, Bobbie

Old June 6th 06, 04:20 AM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving

Default Click It or Ticket, Bobbie

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Ya gotta love it.
>
> This bitch gets nailed for driving without her seat belt on, and has
> the unmitigated gall to write a whiny letter to the editor of the
> local newspaper to complain about it. Her whole attitude reeks of
> IBJAM: "I was only driving without my seat belt for a block or so! And
> then I looked away from the road to move a bunch of crap out of the
> way so I could buckle and untwist my belt - I don't deserve a
> ticket!!"
>
> Here's what I think REALLY happened: this broad had no intention of
> wearing a seat belt, but when she saw the cop she quickly scambled to
> put her seat belt on while she was in the process of being pulled over
> - and got ****ed off because her attempted deception didn't succeed.
>
> WAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it,
> bitch! My opinion of the Irvine Police Department just went up a
> notch, because the officer didn't fall for her bull**** story.
>
> No doubt one day I'll be reading about this bimbo's fatal accident in
> a future edition of the newspaper. In the article, the reporter will
> make some smarmy comment such as "if she'd only been wearing her seat
> belt, she would still be alive today."
>
> http://tinyurl.com/rgd2k
>
> A WARNING AND SMILE WOULD DO
> I think that someone has to speak up about feeling harassed by the
> Irvine Police Department!
> My instance is as follows: I was pulling out of my garage and had
> moved my purse and sweater over to snap my seatbelt. I had not even
> gotten onto Alton from Lake when I was pulled over. I could not even
> imagine what for.
> He stated that I drove without my seatbelt. It was less than a
> block from my garage. I would never drive without it snapped into
> place.
> OK the ticket was a little upsetting as I definitely had it on
> when I was pulled over, but his condescending attitude was uncalled
> for. It is not bad enough to feel intimidated with flashing lights and
> a gun, but there is no reason to be spoken to like that!
> I told him that I was moving a few things over in my car to snap
> my buckle and his comment was: "Oh and you were doing this and trying
> to drive?" Well, I am not a robot and occasionally I do tend to move
> and breathe!
> And I knew that my seat belt was buckled when he said he spotted
> me, but I was moving it around as it was twisted, as it occasionally
> gets. And his comment back to me was: "It must have been another girl
> in a pink and white striped shirt that I saw without it on."
> With so much crime and violence in the world today it seems like
> such a petty thing to harass good citizens. Rewarding good people with
> positives and kindness can sure go a lot further! Perhaps a first-time
> warning with a smile would change the negative perception of the IPD
> [...]

OK this is really upsetting that Dave lives in IRVINE of all places.

For those of you who don't know. Irvine is THE place to live in
Southern California. It's got great shopping/entertainment. The city
itself is very very well landscaped, very clean, very well taken care
of. It's a City Code to have all power lines underground in order to
make the landscape pretty. Irvine is one of the most expensive cities
in Orange County since it's by the coast, and because a lot of wealthy
people live there. The Freeways and Surface streets in Irvine are very
well put together with high speed limits. It is home of UC Irvine -
The Ant eaters. Most of Irvine is still close to brand new. The place
has a fresh clean look to it and the Newport Beach Library on 1000
Avacado is one of the best Libraries I've ever seen. Irvine is mostly
an Bedroom community yet it does have the close to brand new Irvine
Spectrum which is an outdoor shopping mall that very much belongs in
the 21st Century.

Dave on the other hand is an asshole. He has proved himself to be an
asshole again and again by all of his nasty comments on usenet. He
does not deserve to live in Irvine.

East-

Old June 6th 06, 04:38 AM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving

wrote:
> [...]

> of. It's a City Code to have all power lines underground in order to
> make the landscape pretty. Irvine is one of the most expensive cities
> in Orange County since it's by the coast, and because a lot of wealthy
> people live there. The Freeways and Surface streets in Irvine are very
> well put together with high speed limits. It is home of UC Irvine -
> The Ant eaters. Most of Irvine is still close to brand new. The place
> has a fresh clean look to it and the Newport Beach Library on 1000
> Avacado is one of the best Libraries I've ever seen. Irvine is mostly
> an Bedroom community yet it does have the close to brand new Irvine
> Spectrum which is an outdoor shopping mall that very much belongs in
> the 21st Century.
>
> Dave on the other hand is an asshole. He has proved himself to be an
> asshole again and again by all of his nasty comments on usenet. He

Oh my bad. that was "Bobbie Bruce" that wrote that. I misunderstood
the post and to my relief it is not Dave at all who lives in Irvine.
But based on prior post he must live somewhere within LA city proper.

I myself personally wouldn't buy a house in Irvine. Like all great
things, I see most all places in So.Cal going downhill in the future.
Due to serious overcrowding. Inflation. Traffic congestion. Etc.
Etc.

East-

Old June 9th 06, 04:16 AM posted to ca.driving,rec.autos.driving

wrote:
> [...]

> of. It's a City Code to have all power lines underground in order to
> make the landscape pretty. Irvine is one of the most expensive cities
> in Orange County since it's by the coast, and because a lot of wealthy
> people live there. The Freeways and Surface streets in Irvine are very
> well put together with high speed limits. It is home of UC Irvine -
> The Ant eaters. Most of Irvine is still close to brand new. The place
> has a fresh clean look to it and the Newport Beach Library on 1000
> Avacado is one of the best Libraries I've ever seen. Irvine is mostly
> an Bedroom community yet it does have the close to brand new Irvine
> Spectrum which is an outdoor shopping mall that very much belongs in
> the 21st Century.
>
> Dave on the other hand is an asshole. He has proved himself to be an
> asshole again and again by all of his nasty comments on usenet. He

You Make Irvine sound like the new suburbs off of San Antonio TX.