Posting a 156

Old August 17th 04, 11:44 AM
Tom Boltwood

> From: "Steve Drake" >
> Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 13:59:25 +0100
> Subject: Posting a 156
>
> I learnt something about insurance this week, if you get it fixed by the
> insurance company they will get the parts at list price and get the labour
> discounted, once its all been fixed and they pay, you can then pay the money
> back to the insurance company and retract the claim, saving your NCD and
> even if you had it protected it still would go up, so you save that to.

I don't believe that it's worth it myself as every bodywork repair place I
have ever taken a car to on insurance has always quoted for lots that
doesn't need doing and was nothing to do with the accident. Insurance work
is a license to print money for them as it's never checked. It's certainly
interesting to know that if you repay them you get the money back, but IME
if you pay for it yourself in the first place it will cost you about 30% of
what it will cost the insurance company.